General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Grind
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just asked my wife how she would react to the scenario. "It depends on the friend." Friend A, wife of oldest friend, is a bit on the homely side. She'd be OK with that. Friend B, wife of next oldest friend, is a bit on the hot side. Not OK.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 PM
BIK88CHK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarleyGal1200C
Where did I say in my post that I "own" my husband. Don't have a problem with him helping another women out. But do have a problem with a strange woman asking my husband for a ride. I agree he told her and she probably should not have gotten upset. I know if my husband told me that he did something like this, I would not have a problem with it. Trust him totally, it not about owning him its about respect and alot of women do not have that respect. Those I call scooter trash.

My husband came home one day and told me about one of the girls in his office asked him for a ride. He told her that she would have to ask me, that is my husband having respect for my feelings. I would have told her sure go for a ride. But that spot behind him is a very intimate spot and also to speak of the liability if the women has never been on the back of a bike. She can make him wreck simply by doing something stupid. Don't want to take that chance.

Not mad, understand your opinion and respect it.
In reading his original post - he stated that "a long time family friend named Nancy called the house needing help". Was not a stranger. My advice for this dude - hang up on the chick after telling them to stick the thumb out and take your chances there. That way his wife won't get mad. Unless Nancy happens to get picked up by a rapist and murderer - then the guy is up **** creek again. It was a friend - she needed help. He really did the honorable thing. I think.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:33 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

This sounds like a salt wound.

I would have never said a thing.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:40 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmmm, long time family friend huh? Then does make you wonder why the wife is pissed. LOL! Obviously she wasn't on the "approved" list to ride on that passenger seat.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior

Tell her to get over it , damn bike gets better mpg & you had no need for a cage that day.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master

I just asked my wife if it would be cool if another woman could ride on the back of my scoot. She said, dummb question!!! Only my mother, mother-in-law and sister have permission to ride on the back of my scoot. That's it, no one else. So if you see me on the road with a 80 year old women on the back, she is not my girlfriend.

Ride Safe

Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 PM
bird9027
Advanced

dont have to ask my wife about giving another woman a ride on the back of our bike, i already know the answer, ask first!! she would get pissed if i gave a woman a ride in the truck, my wife is a very jealous woman but i cant figure out why, she's hot i'm not.....lol

Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

She's thinking your friend had to hold you around your waist, and maybe it could lead to something. Just sayin'

Old 02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 05Hog
I need your help and opinion.
Sorry to hear your in the dog house. Sorry also to tell you their will be no
forgiveness. I gave a friend's daughter a ride one time when we were out riding so he could get a break and ride solo for awhile. I heard about it for 27 years, till I divorced. Your mileage may vary.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
TymToPla
Advanced

It's a matter of respect and you chose do DIS it based on the situation at the time.It's that same respect that makes you want to go help the gal in distress at all. It was surley right to help out and "old friend" of the family . I would have taken the truck to avoid the any perceptions and my truck has way more tools ya might need to get her broke down vehicle going. Weather the seat is "sacred" or not,most women think it is so it's a risk -v- reward each time you violate that simple assumption, and it's too easy not too,. We all make our own choices.

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.