Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
HarleyGal1200C
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIK88CHK
Wow - I guess I am one of few women who doesn't "own" her husband. I mean he told his wife about it. I didn't hear him say "Man our hot friend called and she needed a ride because her car broke down. She was in her daisy dukes and that tank top - well I could see it ALL. She rubbed me until I was so stiff. We rode for hours and then we stopped and SHE rode for hours."

He gave her a lift home and told his wife. I am thinking if something went down - he would have never mentioned any of it. But my man has no leash laws. JMHO - Gosh please don't be mad.............
Where did I say in my post that I "own" my husband. Don't have a problem with him helping another women out. But do have a problem with a strange woman asking my husband for a ride. I agree he told her and she probably should not have gotten upset. I know if my husband told me that he did something like this, I would not have a problem with it. Trust him totally, it not about owning him its about respect and alot of women do not have that respect. Those I call scooter trash.

My husband came home one day and told me about one of the girls in his office asked him for a ride. He told her that she would have to ask me, that is my husband having respect for my feelings. I would have told her sure go for a ride. But that spot behind him is a very intimate spot and also to speak of the liability if the women has never been on the back of a bike. She can make him wreck simply by doing something stupid. Don't want to take that chance.

Not mad, understand your opinion and respect it.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:54 PM
HarleyGal1200C
Advanced
Smile

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Always fun to see the reactions when this topic comes up as it does a few times a year. Yes, it is certainly all about trust. Personally though, if I were single and stranded, I would never call a friend's husband first, I would have called my friend first, and then if she sent her husband to get me, fine. That would have been the most respectful way to have handled this situation IMFO.
I agree with you here on this one. I never ask my friends husband for anything, I ask her first.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't care if DH helped a friend on his bike or my bike, ride whomever you want, who cares. But do not take one of MY helmets or I will kick your azz!! Get your own damn spare helmet for this chit!!

Now, we do have a single friend who abuses the kindness of my DH. She's always calling - come fix this, come shoot that snake, come help me with my bike. Get some freaking boyfriends forcryingoutloud!! The DH finally got tired of it, but he's too nice to say no, so I did tell her to go on match.com and get a damn boyfriend or two or seven. No, she's not a dog, she's a beautiful woman.

I've never been the jealous type. In fact I did not find out my ex cheated on me until two years after we were divorced!! Who cares - if I worried about that chit all my life I'd go nuts. People will do what they will do regardless - I trust everyone until they show me I can't then I move on.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Roadking Cal
Road Captain

"Did I do something wrong?"

Well, yes and no.

You were chivelrous. You came to the aid of a woman in distress. That makes you a good man.

You made a bad choice in the rescue by taking the scoot. Had you taken the car or truck, this issue would not be an issue.

Whether or not she rides, the back seat belongs to your wife/girlfriend/S.O.. This is generally not up for debate. Some women don't care, as they realize that you know (you BETTER) where you sleep at night & with whom. But, those women are certainly NOT in the majority. Most women are, by nature, jealous and highly territorial of thier mate.

Your intentions, good or ill, are NOT a part of this discussion. It's your actions that matter.

If the situation arises in the future, spend the extra minute or two and call your woman & ASK if she minds. It's the responsible (and SAFE) thing to do.

As a good friend tells me:
"It's good to be the king! As long as the queen is happy, that is..."

Old 02-11-2009, 04:12 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinkharleygirl25
what if she gave your friend who broke down a ride home on the back of her bike. just sayin
I'd pay to see that!!! Cold day in hell before my bro's would ride bitch!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

According to me you did the right thing, I think you will get other opinions.
I know my wife would say you should have taken the truck.
What are you gonna do?

MikeM

Old 02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Zenmervolt
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Always fun to see the reactions when this topic comes up as it does a few times a year. Yes, it is certainly all about trust. Personally though, if I were single and stranded, I would never call a friend's husband first, I would have called my friend first, and then if she sent her husband to get me, fine. That would have been the most respectful way to have handled this situation IMFO.
You know, some people still have these things called "home phones" where, if you call that number, you aren't guaranteed to get a specific member of the household. People like the original poster in this thread. The wife's friend did not call the OP. She called the house and the OP happened to be the only person home at the time. The OP figured that he'd be a nice guy and save his wife's friend the trouble of calling around.

Seems to me that a lot of folks in this thread are very good at inventing imaginary slights to get angry about.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

How bout just dating and marrying more secure women? problem solved!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

oh well tell her to get over it......thats what i do....and guess what! she gets over it.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like other posters may have stated....reverse the rolls...how would you feel?

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.