Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Zenmervolt
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H20DOG
xxxflhrci
Ultimate HDF Member Join Date: Sep 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, did you at least get a reach around for your trouble?

This should answer the question if it was right or wrong. Because there is a lot of touchy feely when you are riding two up.
Oh for cryin' out loud. If something like that is a legitimate concern, then there are problems with the marriage that go well beyond something as petty as giving a friend a ride home.

Sorry, but the bottom line here is trust. A man's wife (and a woman's husband) should have enough trust to know that absolutely nothing is going to happen if they give another person a ride on the motorcycle. If a person doesn't trust their spouse and friends enough to know that nothing is going to happen, then that person has issues that aren't at all related to an innocent motorcycle ride.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Bryanp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Still read more of this crap posted. It is not disrespectful for me to pick up anyone on my bike for a ride. I have stopped before to help a woman that had a flat tire--had a flat spare and needed to get to work on time. She asked for the ride--she got a ride. I will not feel guilty about that and I will not explain. If it had been a dude and he had said the same thing--I would have given him a ride reluctantly. Reluctant because if anyone seen us it would be some ribbing involved. If a woman ask me to take her for a ride and I see no harm in it --then she gets a ride. I haven't slept with most of the women who have been on the back of my bikes. If my girlfriend felt the need to argue that point I would miss her for a little while. I always set boundaries on respect. I am not neutered or owned and I don't feel that any part of my motorcycle is hers. She can get her own. Being divorced for a long time has helped or hurt my prospective in relationships---you can decide. They can be trustful and respectful or they can be over. I don't need the bike to get layed. Life is simple when it is broke down into basics. Not using me for an example but if I was any happier in life it would be all sin.

This is a man i need to buy a brew for. You took the words right out of my mouth

Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
so165
Tourer

There is a woman down our street who has no car and walks everywhere, in the rain, sleet snow, cold as hell it dont matter, my wife will pick her up and give her a ride all the time. If I see her I just keep right on goin, I feel bad for her when it is 9 degrees and ice on the ground, but I do not dare pick her up, my wife said I should, but I know how stuff comes back around. No way, not me!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by so165
There is a woman down our street who has no car and walks everywhere, in the rain, sleet snow, cold as hell it dont matter, my wife will pick her up and give her a ride all the time. If I see her I just keep right on goin, I feel bad for her when it is 9 degrees and ice on the ground, but I do not dare pick her up, my wife said I should, but I know how stuff comes back around. No way, not me!!!!!!
If your wife said you should and does so her self every so often why would it be a problem for you to do so?

Old 02-11-2009, 02:52 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zenmervolt
Sorry, but the bottom line here is trust. A man's wife (and a woman's husband) should have enough trust to know that absolutely nothing is going to happen if they give another person a ride on the motorcycle. If a person doesn't trust their spouse and friends enough to know that nothing is going to happen, then that person has issues that aren't at all related to an innocent motorcycle ride.
Always fun to see the reactions when this topic comes up as it does a few times a year. Yes, it is certainly all about trust. Personally though, if I were single and stranded, I would never call a friend's husband first, I would have called my friend first, and then if she sent her husband to get me, fine. That would have been the most respectful way to have handled this situation IMFO.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:21 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Man, this is really sad. Not about helping out a friend and the GF getting ticked off but, so many guys walking around without nads.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love it

thanks for sharing...I think I better (very tactfully) approach this convo with my wife, so that i will know for the futur (well know whether to tell her if it happened or not)

lol

Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by walkerinin
Listen carefully... "You're absolutely right, I'm terribly sorry, it will never happen again."
Repeat as needed.
Works for me.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:40 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

kick her *** to the curb and find a new girl.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
gfd_703
Intermediate

A little waitress at the bar asked for a ride one evening, I pointed to the sticker ***,Grass, or Grass. Told her I just filled up, do not smoke dope anymore, and the wife sitting right here beside me won't let me have any strange. Made the wife so happy she told me to go ahead and take her around the block.
This weekend took the wife on a 400 mile ride Saturday. Sunday she was tired and told me to take our friend for a ride, so I picked her up and rode about 100 miles before returning home.
There are only 2 women who are allowed to ride besides the wife and kids. That is OK with me as I do not need trouble at home.

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.