Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Stealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Stealers

Never heard this expresson before 10-2007. Just thought about it this morning. The only time one can steal from you is if you let them. No one forces me to buy. Iv'e been F**KED by or tried to been F__ed by Realeastate Sales people. Car Dealears Gun Dealers Lawers Doctors Dentists Home improvement people. WTF every one out there is out to f**k you out of your hard earned Cash. If I go to a HD dealer and they wan't to much I say no Thanks and move on. On Warranty work not yet on the Bikes. But on the Cars through out my life Holy **** when I was Young and Ignorant and had only one Car that I needed for work Boy did those service Mangers F**K me Keep my car for a week for BS This and that ain't covered thants when you got 12&12 on a new car spend 11grand on a car in the 80's and go over the 12K on mileage in no time less then a year have some thing break. Talk about Stealers . I'll never forget the brand new 1977 Plymouth Volarie I bought what a PIG. Car heasted stalled right in the middle of the interstate when you pulled on the Highway . Stalled in the middle of the intersection. Talk about stealers bring it in to the MOPAR dealer called me up it's fixed same old ****. They never could fix that bomb traded in less then two years old lost a ton of CASH. Well thats my RANT. All kind of Stealers out there and with money getting tight watch your pockets.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:05 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

They're a business.... like ANY other business. They exist to make themselves MONEY. Some meet that goal, by high prices, others by high volume. We the consumer either shop around and get a better price, or we just get what we want at the first place that sells it.
I don't use the word "stealership" because I know where the prices are higher, and where they are lower. For each story YOU hear about how store A screwed someone, you'll hear a dozen about what a great place store A is.
No one's ever "screwed me" but I sure have made a few bad decisions, and screwed myself

Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't use the word myself but it is an Internet convention. I think most of us are really our own worst enemies when it comes to getting a bad deal.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:09 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
They're a business.... like ANY other business. They exist to make themselves MONEY. Some meet that goal, by high prices, others by high volume. We the consumer either shop around and get a better price, or we just get what we want at the first place that sells it.
I don't use the word "stealership" because I know where the prices are higher, and where they are lower. For each story YOU hear about how store A screwed someone, you'll hear a dozen about what a great place store A is.
No one's ever "screwed me" but I sure have made a few bad decisions, and screwed myself
+1 on that thats my point.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Cannot imagine what it must cost to keep the doors open all day in a dealership,especially with this economy,keeping everyone busy, with sales and service down,their source of income.Also given such a hugh aftermarket,how can anyone call them stealers.Compare prices, apples for apples.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

They are a business, I agree. There are good ones and bad ones. The bad ones make it very tough for the rest.
I work for a Chevrolet dealer so the term really hits home for me and makes me bristle every time I see it.
Most DEALERS are very up front and do their best to help.
Its up to the consumer to make sure those are the ones that stay in business. What goes around comes around and the bad ones will fade away.

MikeM