General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike SECURITY

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010 | 12:16 PM
oct1949
Club Member

I call mine,, Insurance...

Old 10-08-2010 | 12:41 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by GrimmRider
Living under your train of thought the cops would have already prevented the theft. Good luck with that.
Word on that , PD WILL NOT respond to that kind of call here any more haven't for several years now . They also will not come take a report you have to go to the station or fill it out on-line now . Only way to get any kind of active police response here is mention the word " gun " other wise it takes a long time if they even bother .

Old 10-08-2010 | 01:33 PM
softailfla80
Intermediate

Wait til you have to use that "Insurance" and see what happens. All the red tape and waiting you will do to get paid...don't hold your breath.
I don't think they can get away with mine without me knowing or without me knowing where it is.....IF they get very far. My GPS Tracker is hidden such that they will have to strip my bike before they find it and I doubt they would even know what it was if they got smacked in the face with it....LOL....o well.....just tryin to throw out some good info....take it....leave it....we all have to learn from our experiences

Old 10-08-2010 | 02:39 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
I use a Kryptonite Forgetaboutit chain and lock and the Roadlok front disk lock.
I have the Kryptonite lock and chain as well. Bolt cutters won't do **** to this lock and chain combo. If you want to cut this thing, you're going to need a hand held plasma cutting torch.

I haven't heard of anyone defeating this lock/chain combo with freon and a sledgehammer either, although I'd like to see it tested.

Old 10-08-2010 | 04:56 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
I have the Kryptonite lock and chain as well. Bolt cutters won't do **** to this lock and chain combo. If you want to cut this thing, you're going to need a hand held plasma cutting torch.

I haven't heard of anyone defeating this lock/chain combo with freon and a sledgehammer either, although I'd like to see it tested.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but there is a commercial product that in spray form takes about 10 - 15 seconds of spray on any metal chain or cable and a hard smack with a sharp edge hammer to shatter it . I will not drop that name in here , if they want it they are going to get it .

The GPS guy has the best go and I would suggest a couple larger friends who come from the wrong side of the tracks if you decide to go looking for it yourself . Cops never move fast enough to prevent the bike being stripped it's way low on their priority list . But they do take a very dim view of owners who recover their own if things got ugly tell you from personal experience on that one , cost more in legal fees than the bike was worth twice over .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 10-11-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2010 | 11:52 AM
softailfla80
Intermediate

Thats funny TwiZted Biker...I heard the same thing but didn't want to give anyone ideas here....LOL
I am pretty happy with the GPS Tracker I have. Seems to work as it is suppose to and has some other pretty cool features. I saw a heavy lock and chain somewhere in a pic that showed it laying there after it was sprayed with something and busted from a smack of a hammer that they left at the site. i will try to find it again....
Here is what I have www.finditnowusa.com

Old 10-11-2010 | 01:51 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but there is a commercial product that in spray form takes about 10 - 15 seconds of spray on any metal chain or cable and a hard smack with a sharp edge hammer to shatter it . I will not drop that name in here , if they want it they are going to get it .
Oh I hear ya...I don't doubt that for a second. I would love to see the old freon/sledgehammer trick tested on this Kryptonite lock/chain setup. It's made up of boron/manganese, and is not your average security chain. Of course, I'd like to see it tested on someone else's chain...not mine!

Old 10-11-2010 | 08:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Oh I hear ya...I don't doubt that for a second. I would love to see the old freon/sledgehammer trick tested on this Kryptonite lock/chain setup. It's made up of boron/manganese, and is not your average security chain. Of course, I'd like to see it tested on someone else's chain...not mine!

What going round now is a big step up from the old freon trick . I'd bet money there have been a few fingers lost to this stuff while in the act , we as owners can only hope .

Old 10-11-2010 | 09:28 PM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

I have a new Tri Glide and it has the security option on it. I still do not understand what the security option does. Can anyone tell me in simple terms what it does to provide security?
thanks

Old 10-18-2010 | 11:58 AM
softailfla80
Intermediate

That freon sh...t...works. I can't see a chain or lock out there that can not be busted, although not everyone carries bolt cutters, freon and hammers around 24/7....well maybe a dedictaed thief....LOL
Track em...hell...you can run but you can't hide...get a GPS Tracker like mine and you will always know where your bike is.

Quick Reply: Bike SECURITY