General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike won't run after fitting security system

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:52 PM
blacklable
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bike won't run after fitting security system

Hi everyone......can any of you offer any advice regarding a problem with the factory security system

I'm in Brisbane, Australia and ride an '04 Deuce. I was told by the local HD dealership, that i needed the 68207-00D part number to fit my bike. I looked up this number on google, and found that it was to suit 2001 and later Softails, but it also stated North American Models. As i'd already been given that number here.....thought it must be ok, and bought the system on ebay USA, at half the price quoted here in OZ.

The system fitted ok, followed all the instructions and it all seemed to work......until i tried to run the bike!
Bike starts ok.......but that's it.....starts then stops...just won't run at all! Seems like it's run out of fuel suddenly!
I'm guessing that the fuel injection module isn't kicking in for some reason.......or that's what it seems like! Could there be some difference in this TSSM unit, being a North American Module??

If i take the unit back out, and put the standard TSM module back....bike starts and runs sweet !

If anyone can provide some insight, i'd appreciate it.....as i'm totally confused as to what to do next !

Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 PM
gwalsh
Advanced

I don't know if your year is different than mine but I had to marry the new TSSM to the ECM.

This link might help,

http://www.hdtalking.com/diagnostics...d_relearn.html

Old 02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
NYSportster
Cruiser

I had the same problem. You need to reprogram the new TSSM unit or something like that. There were instructions on this forum on how to do it, a sequence of turning the ignition key and pressing the turn signal buttons. I tried doing it but couldn't get it right so I just brought it to the dealer and had them reprogram it. Try doing a search.