General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aces & eights harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
fyrdude
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would hate for Aces & 8's to go out... they do throw some good get-to-gethers. I've never used them for anything else, since I live in Dayton it easiest to go to F & S.
F & S is great for parts and service, but I prolly wouldn't buy a bike from them... they don't deal for $hit. The experience I had at Buckmans was about the same as everyone else, not too friendly, small, not much inventory. If I were to be in the market for a new bike, word around here is A.D. Farrow's, best deals are done there.
Luckily, I have a glut of HD dealers close by... that is for now. I hope they all can make it through this mess.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Biggerfoot
Tourer

I guess I am joining in late...did not know there were so many from Ohio! When I lived in Beavercreek, I shopped at F&S, Buckmans, and Aces and Eight. All of the parts people at the three places were helpful. F&S sales was hard to deal with though but their service department was helpful and honest.

Since moving further up north, Grovers in Piqua is one of the friendliest places I have been. The owner always takes time to talk with you even if your just looking at the parts on the wall. I was looking at a Crossbones and he was willing to give me over $1000 more in trade-in over F&S.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:52 PM
CurlMan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had a problem with A's and 8's part dept. or motor clothes. Guess I better get my A*s up there and use the gift card I have from the in-laws. I well say this --- all the folks that have waited on me at A's and 8's have always been very nice and helpful and I wish them the best in these trying times. A's and 8's ran a good machine in the AHDR circuit also. Anyone know if they are still racing?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Bigstick
Cruiser

Just to let everyone know about Aces and Eights. Larry Cornett the owner was found dead in his kitchen around 1am Sunday morning by his son. All signs lead to a heart attack. Please keep his wife and 2 sons in your prayers.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:47 AM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

Wow... I hate to here this..

Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
mandapanhead13
Stage I
Angry Aces and Eights gossip

I would like to just give the guys at Aces and Eights a lot of credit. First of all, when I moved here over a year ago... I looked on the computer for the closest Harley dealership in the area and found them... I called them up and asked to speak to a GM or a manager. I found out that the GM had just passed away and was given the owner, Larry. He was the most kind person I had spoke to. They helped me get my bike off the back of my dad's truck when we got in town, without even knowing me or expecting a charge of any kind. The service department even stayed over 30 minutes past closing just to help us out. I went back in to get a couple things for my bike the following week and everyone there was very nice. Who wants a pushy salesman breathing down your neck? I now know everyone at that dealership personally, including the people that are being called "snoots" and "snobs." Those are the most laid back sweet, kind hearted men that you will ever meet on a Sales floor in a Harley dealership. Maybe you should get to know people before you make judgement on that person. Larry Cornett was a wonderful person and a great man to work for. Regardless of what and if he had money trouble, that is really not anyones business. If you are not concerned enough for his wife and two boys to send them a mortgage check this month for what you assume they are missing out on, then you shouldn't be gossiping about his finances. I find it ammusing that people have nothing better to do than kick others when they are already down. Let the people who actually knew and loved him mourn, instead of being insensitive ********. And I bet the ones who called the employees snoots and snobs and the ones who talked about there money situation.... are the same ones who wouldn't have the ***** to say it to there faces... Cowards... little cowards. have a heart and get a life.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:24 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer

Too bad about the owner. I think they have about the best shirt design I have seen in a dealership. When I was out there, I stopped especially for a shirt

Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about Larry passing away...I only knew him from casual conversation a couple of times when I was at Aces & Eights, but he seemed a stand up guy...my condolences to his wife and sons...

Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
CBC
Stage I

So sad to hear that about the owner, condolances to his wife and kids. I really liked to party there when the orignal dude was there. when he sold out it felt like the place went to the RUBs and the you could feel the change in the air there almost immediately. the new owner was real friendly and his wife too i just didnt really feel like they were the real biker material. Bull was a pretty cool dude too. Since the first guy and bull were gone the place just felt to yuppie for me. still sorry to hera he died hope they stay open

Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Poisond 08 Fatbob
Tourer

I've only been to A's a hand full of times and they didn't have $hit everytime. I bought my Fatbob at Eastgate Harley and they always have a larger selection of bikes, clothing and parts.
Tim

Quick Reply: Aces & eights harley