General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aces & eights harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 AM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Uh oh. I better get my bike out of winter storage before Aces goes under. I've bought three bikes there in the past year and a half. The sales people have been great to work with, especially Steve in sales. They don't deal at all, but that's not unusual for a Harley dealer. The parts department has really nice people and the service department has been exceptional. The service manager is also named Steve and he is great. The owner and his wife are also very friendly and fun to talk to. Bob runs Riders Edge and he has also been very nice and helpful. Certainly there are one or two up there that aren't all that great, but the others that I have mentioned make up for it. They're always having fun stuff to do, and that was part of the lure to buying up there. Parties all summer long. But they certainly don't seem to be moving any bikes and it's not hard to believe the rumors that they are in trouble. Even the clothing that they have for sale is thinning out. I haven't seen many 2009's at all on the floor.

People can have a bad experience wherever they go, but in general the people that I deal with at Aces go above and beyond to help and to be friendly. It really would be a shame to see them go down.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 223 Posts

Their service dept run by Steve Miller is excellent. I'd rate him as one of the best in the tri-state area. And anybody who knows him would agree. But the sales and parts departments are a different situation. I've been to A&8's several times in the past two months to buy a new 2009. They have none and can't say when they will have any. Their parts and accessory inventory is low as well. That's really unusual for a dealer these days. For a Harley dealership to be in this shape is a sign of serious problems. I don't think low bike sales are the cause either. But, whatever their problems are, I hope they can get them resolved. It would be a shame if they had to close down.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I stopped by today, Thursday Feb. 19, they did not have all the lights on, they only had about 15 bikes on the floor and only one was a 2009. The racks of clothes were half empty, only about 5 people working, no customers in the place but me, it was about noon.

I just got back from vacation where I ran into someone that worked at A & 8’s, in a position that he would know a lot about the financial situation of the dealership. He is know longer employed there and works at another dealership in another state. He said there was some real problems and from the looks of the inside of the store it looks like it is dying, I would say he is right.

Last edited by 60mike06FLHX; 02-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,998 Likes on 13,507 Posts

I really hate to hear this,people need their jobs.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That is sad to hear

Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Chaos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hate to hear that. Nice place. I haven't been there in a while, was probably last spring. They seemed ok then. As Rawhide said, folks need their jobs. They are getting scarce too. Damned shame, I hope they can pull it through.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by schumacher
I've had the best luck with AD Farrow's as far as sales people go in this area.
Always give me great trade in prices, and make ya feel like they actually care. Unlike a lot of dealerships.....

*edit*
I'm talking about the one downtown. The Farrow's Nortstar boys are a bunch of jerks
A.D.Farrow is the place to be . That's where I bought my Deluxe . Been goin there since I was around 8yrs. old with my brother . Did ya know that A.D.Farrow is the oldest continuous Harley dealer in the country ?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Bigstick
Cruiser

Gutman: That dude with the black and white mustache/beard was a real good dude. Sadly he died of a massive heart attack at a training meeting about 2 years or so ago. He was one of Larry's (the owner) best friends.

When I went to Aces in December to buy an oil filter they were all out! Yes out of chrome and black oil filters! Said it would be 3 months at least till they could get any more in. I heard they were buying filters and oil from Tri-County HD direct because Harley wouldn't ship them any parts or cycles. There are a lot of rumors flying around about them closing and such, I can say this Larry is a great person that knows it takes money to make money, hence the big events and I wish him the best of luck as it would be a shame to see a great place fail. Steve the salesman, and Steve in service are great also. There are a few others that I don't know their names that are good people also but, as for the rest of the staff no comment. Tri-County HD might be small but their staff is super friendly and knowledgable. HD of Cincinnati has a large inventory of parts/bikes and there people are ok to deal with. I know people that swear by Buckminns in Xenia and there deals on bikes. However, I wouldn't **** on Buckminns if it were on fire. Here's the reason, a friend of mine was dying to buy a brand new Duece 2 years ago. All the salesman at Buckminns wanted to do was sell him a Heritage or Road King. Now my friend is a big guy at 6' 7" 280lbs but he wanted a Duece. This salesman just couldn't get it through his thick head so my friend went to another dealer and bought a Duece. That was first strike. Then the same friend and me went there on a rainy day looking around. My friend had about $300 in chrome in his hands. They had a brand new SE Road King in the showroom and my friend was drooling because he realized maybe he needed a bigger bike. So while I held his parts he throws a leg over the King and uprights it. As he does this the alarm starts going off. We are laughing, covering our ears, etc while we are looking at the guys in the parts dept for help. They just glared and shook their heads while a salesman runs up and shuts off the alarm. We said thanks and he said really really snotty "that bike is sold!" All we ever found on it was a 1" round yellow sticker on the headlight. So we said screw it and left without spending a dime and haven't been back since.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bigstick
...........When I went to Aces in December to buy an oil filter they were all out! Yes out of chrome and black oil filters! Said it would be 3 months at least till they could get any more in. I heard they were buying filters and oil from Tri-County HD direct because Harley wouldn't ship them any parts or cycles. ......

I bought my bike from their. I had my 1000 mile service their and I attempted to buy parts from their.

My purchase experinece was nutral, sales staff was friendly, but felt like used car lot friendly. You know just enough to sell me a bike.

Service department took a long time to complete my 1000 mile service, about 3 days after they originally told me they could complete it. (I think cause they needed to get filters ect from other dealers)

Parts department was helpful but like the above poster, they couldn't order me any parts.

I go to Eastgate HD for all my parts now. (Doing several mods). I have had good experiences with the group their.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Bigstick
Cruiser

Yes I forgot about Easgate HD also seems to be friendly.

Quick Reply: Aces & eights harley