General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aces & eights harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:59 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,998 Likes on 13,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Been to Aces many times, took a riders edge class there a couple of years ago. I don't have any complaints except as others said some of the sales staff is kind of snooty. Parts guys were always great though. Very friendly and helpful. I wonder if it is because of being in Mason. That town is so rich almost EVERYBODY is snooty. As for me I don't see how my GF can stand living there with that and the traffic, but that's just me.
They used to have Bike night I think every Friday during riding season? Can't remember, but it always seemed like there was something going on. It is a nice place though.
I agree on the parts dept.,Speaking of snooty I have ran into some A HOLES in the parking lot,just didn't seem like bikers you know.One day I was there and bought something bigger than I had planned on and was trying to bungy it to the superglide,two guys next to me were on ultras and snickered while I strapped it on ,one of them said why don't you buy a real harley like ours and you wouldn't have that problem.I looked at both of them and said "naw,I've already got a truck at home"

Old 02-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Kregg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you guys have the sales staff at A&8 all wrong. They just have the pleasant no pressure, look as long as you like sales style. I do not know about you, but those are the type of dealers (motorcycle or auto) that I seek out. There is nothing worse than having a pushy sales guy hover over you while you just want to look around, think and dream about what is next. Steve the service manager is great and the parts guys are great as well.

I do wish they would stock more parts though. About everything I have wanted must be ordered.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:10 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

PS: ULTRA POSER DICKWADS,if you are reading this my $900 detachable bags were off the bike that day.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:36 PM
zimman20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
PS: ULTRA POSER DICKWADS,if you are reading this my $900 detachable bags were off the bike that day.
Thank God you're not bitter.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Fahpah
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice location and pretty store but the only thing I have gotten from A&8s was a T-Shirt.

I got my bike from Bucmann's HD in Xenia. They are some real nice folks there and have always been helpful for me. I just wish they weren't so far away from where I live.

Another Dealer I go to a lot is Mid-Ohio in Springfield, they are closest for me.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
If Bob had loaned you Speidel, you'd have had a few extra hands to help.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 AM
pirate49
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default last i heard

is that they where closing but found a buyer. heard it was a guy that owns a local over the road trucking outfit. Heard that F&S is next down to 2 mechanics

Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get to Aces & Eights a couple of times a season...haven't heard anything about them going out, but now that it's been mentioned, I haven't gotten my usual glut of mailings from them either...personally, I've noticed when I'm there that the sales people don't swarm all over me, but I don't care for that anyway...any time I've asked for help, everyone has been professional and helpful, I can't complain...

Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by barnyard
If Bob had loaned you Speidel, you'd have had a few extra hands to help.
Let me check my map,Dry Ridge,that's a fur piece boys and girls,time to show you how to pour the perfect head on another LITTLE KING.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:19 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahpah
N

Another Dealer I go to a lot is Mid-Ohio in Springfield, they are closest for me.
they're the closest to me as well. about 15 mins.
I never go there

Quick Reply: Aces & eights harley