General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aces & eights harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Berndude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The socks may have improved the taste of the beer!!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

Originally Posted by electaRICK
I heard, they are gonna start selliin Emus

"Emus Bob, the wave of the future!"

Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ironmike41
After you leave F&S Harley Davidson head north on Dixie and stop in at the Living Room. Good friend of mine is the manager there. It's a really nice strip bar. Couple of the girls workout at the gym I go to.

Already have.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,998 Likes on 13,507 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepman54
When I was in high school I worked summers at Kings Island and rode through the Ft. Ancient Valley everyday on my way to work. Those hills and curves were awesome on my Ninja,
Did you ever stop at that old trading post at the top of the hill by the cemetary and browse?Very unique stuff in there and the dude that runs it is a little off the wall too.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
Did you ever stop at that old trading post at the top of the hill by the cemetary and browse?Very unique stuff in there and the dude that runs it is a little off the wall too.
No, I know the place you're talking about. But I never stopped in there. Used to eat at the Country Kitchen truck stop right where 350 comes out by the interstate they had some good food there.

My favorite little country store was down in Rarden on st rt 73, there was a Honda dealer there and a little country store that served up the thickest bologna sandwiches I've ever had.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:47 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

F&S is where I buy my bikes and a lot of my parts, shirts, etc. They always have a good inventory and they know how to treat customers.

Aces and Eights throws great parties. They usually have 2-3 a year and at least once a year they bring in Jackyl to play in the summer. I have bought a few things there but have not bought any bikes there because they had a prep fee. I don't know if that is still the case. A year or two ago, the original owner either sold out or took in a partner(s). I heard he had some tax problems...

Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
I stopped in there in Sept. when I was out that way for my daughters college graduation. They had very little inventory as far as bikes go. Bought a cool shirt, but the lady taking my money for the shirt was the only one in the whole store that bothered speaking. Hard to sell bikes when your sales staff is to lazy or so void of personality that they can't get off their smelly behinds & greet a customer. I was just buying a shirt, but they had no way of knowing that. HD of Cincinnatti's sales staff had just about the same qualities. Every HD shop I go to in my area, they act like they are really glad you have stopped by.
I'm glad someone finally said it. I've been in Aces and Eights many times and had the same experience. The guys in behind the parts counter are helpful, but I've had no luck with the sales staff. It's too bad because the dealership is a really nice place and they frequently have some great events during riding season. I really like Cincinnati HD. Great sales staff, parts, and excellent service department.

Just my opinion. Got to call it how I see it.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:20 AM
navyman
Road Master
Default Aces & Eights

My experiences with the sales people have been bad. Just talked to a couple that were interested in buying a '09 RK. Guys at Aces & Eights wouldn't give them the time of day. Went to Cincinnati HD and got great service. I have bought two bikes at Cincinnati HD and always got a decent deal. Their service department is very fair and have good knowledge. They have never told me, "They all do that."

Old 02-08-2009, 08:26 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had the best luck with AD Farrow's as far as sales people go in this area.
Always give me great trade in prices, and make ya feel like they actually care. Unlike a lot of dealerships.....

*edit*
I'm talking about the one downtown. The Farrow's Nortstar boys are a bunch of jerks

Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Chaos
Tourer

Been to Aces many times, took a riders edge class there a couple of years ago. I don't have any complaints except as others said some of the sales staff is kind of snooty. Parts guys were always great though. Very friendly and helpful. I wonder if it is because of being in Mason. That town is so rich almost EVERYBODY is snooty. As for me I don't see how my GF can stand living there with that and the traffic, but that's just me.
They used to have Bike night I think every Friday during riding season? Can't remember, but it always seemed like there was something going on. It is a nice place though.

Quick Reply: Aces & eights harley