General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Peedib89
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Fatboy

Not sure if you guys saw this or not but pierce mfg and harley have teamed up and are raffling off a Fatboy for the foundation. Tickets are $10 and all the money is going to the foundation. I know i will be buying at least 2 tickets. Support a good cause and get a chance to win a nice bike on top of it.

http://nfff.fullthrottlesupport.com/index.html

Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 AM
jd533
Road Captain

thanks for the link. just donated my $30. God I love that bike, but like you said, the cause is better.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:55 AM
BobbyD
Road Warrior

Very worthwhile cause. Just bought a couple of chances. Yes a very nice bike too.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
gfd_703
Intermediate

Make a donation if you want, (please do) but I have puhchased the winning ticket already.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Peedib89
Tourer

i will be donating my 20 or 30 next week. When i win ill have a nice long trip bike to complement the nightster

Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a section from an article about the campaign...

"One firefighter is killed in the line of duty every 72 hours in America. That startling statistic only hints at the pain and loss endured by the loved ones left behind. That's why Pierce Manufacturing, Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) company, with Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, is launching a nationwide campaign to raise money for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and assisting firefighter families.

Through April 26, 2009, participants can enter to win a custom, one-of-a-kind Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Firefighter Special Edition motorcycle by visiting NFFF.FullThrottleSupport.com.

"Every firefighter death is a great tragedy, but the families take comfort in knowing the nation is grateful for their sacrifice," said Ron Siarnicki, executive director of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. "The NFFF Full Throttle Support campaign is truly a unique way for the country to come together to honor the families of America's heroes."

Throughout the four-month campaign, individuals can log on to NFFF.FullThrottleSupport.com to make a $10 donation, which will enter them for a chance to win the custom, one-of-a-kind Harley-Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle. Visitors to the Web site can learn more about families who have benefited from NFFF.

"Firefighter safety is a top priority for Pierce, and we have a long, proud history of commitment to giving back to those who risk their lives to protect our communities," said Wilson Jones, executive vice president of the Oshkosh Corporation Fire & Emergency group and president of Pierce Manufacturing. "We will continue to help advance the work of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and support the families of our fallen heroes."

Old 02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

How am I ever gonna win one of these bikes if you people don't stop posting about them all over the forum???

Old 02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have just donated and can't think of a better cause...thanks for the posting...and to all of those who put themselves on the line everyday

Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Berndude
Tourer

I'll be contributing!!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything involving Pierce and Harley Davidson is worth donating to. I'm in.

Quick Reply: National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Fatboy