General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley Davidson Savings

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as a side note, I ordered from Chicago HD (Internet) but my tires were shipped out of Champaign, IL. I suspect they have a warehouse located in Champaign. Not sure but I believe Champaign is around 100 miles South of Chicago. They charged me $15.00 for FEDEX shipping but it was a large box with two tires in it. Post Office would have charged considerably more to ship.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as tires go, I've never found anyone cheaper than RonAyers.com or DennisKirk.com and they paid the shipping to my door. Last pair I got was less than $212 shipped to my house. Dunlop Elite 3's. But they are cheaper on every model as far as I could tell.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:06 PM
RomeoKilo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a new backrest for the wife (she expressed her dislike of the cross bones one) and a luggage rack for my bones. The order came in today except there was no luggage rack and instead sent all kinds of chrome stuff for a touring bike. Clutch and brake handles, master cylinder, housings, switches, etc. I called them and they said they have no idea what happened they had to re order my luggage rack and it should be at my house a week from now. Oh well no big deal at least they are gonna fix it.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Thornhammer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcox
I've bought numerous things from them. They have really good prices, if you can deal with waiting.......I'm usually very impatient which makes the wait seem worse than it probably really is. I usually only buy the higher priced stuff from them to also save on the tax, otherwise I would try Zannoti's but I live in PA and would have to pay tax.
Heh, that's why I don't buy from Chicago HD and instead buy from Zanotti's - I'd have to pay IL sales tax!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Thornhammer
Tourer

Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass
Just as a side note, I ordered from Chicago HD (Internet) but my tires were shipped out of Champaign, IL. I suspect they have a warehouse located in Champaign. Not sure but I believe Champaign is around 100 miles South of Chicago. They charged me $15.00 for FEDEX shipping but it was a large box with two tires in it. Post Office would have charged considerably more to ship.
That or they got shipped from the Harley dealership in Champaign (Andrae's H-D). I visit every so often.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Airpump
Road Captain

I have ordered numerous times from Chicago H-D. I always deal with Steve in the parts department and to date have experienced nothing but professional service and delivery times. I especially enjoy the hugh savings over my local stealer on high dollar items.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What I do is go to my local dealer and explain to them what I can get an item online for, including shipping, and tell them that if they can match that price, the sale is theirs. Otherwise, I'm going to be buying elsewhere. Usually works out.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
toy4x4
Advanced

Originally Posted by RBWIDE
What I do is go to my local dealer and explain to them what I can get an item online for, including shipping, and tell them that if they can match that price, the sale is theirs. Otherwise, I'm going to be buying elsewhere. Usually works out.
Doesnt work at my dealer...They tell me I should buy online so I do....

Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4x4
Doesnt work at my dealer...They tell me I should buy online so I do....
Same thing I do if they aren't willing to play ball on something. They're in business to make money, and I'm taking care that I don't spend more than I have to. I've been going there a long time now, and they understand that.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Airpump
Road Captain

My dealer is to busy buying Hummers, Beach Homes, Sports cars, Hawaiian vacations, etc, etc. to fool with a little person like me. So, I direct my $$$$$$$ toward Chicago H-D. So far, so gooooooooood.

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley Davidson Savings