General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

open carry

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
w4egv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: open carry

Terry,

Sorry but I have to laugh at the FOP stickers. I can't even count how many stops I've made on vehicles with FOP support or MADD stickers on their bumpers, only to find them drunk or up to something they shouldn't be doing.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: w4egv

Terry,

Sorry but I have to laugh at the FOP stickers. I can't even count how many stops I've made on vehicles with FOP support or MADD stickers on their bumpers, only to find them drunk or up to something they shouldn't be doing.
Hey, it beats the "Bad Cop No Donut" bumper sticker the High School has on his car her in Charleston.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:01 PM
w4egv
Cruiser

Funny you should mention that, I have one on my POV....

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

ORIGINAL: w4egv

Terry,

Hey, it beats the "Bad Cop No Donut" bumper sticker the High School has on his car her in Charleston.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been said or implied several times but , again, Concealed means concealed, if you can get your hands/head around that, it takes care of all the what if's.

Go around Kansas.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:50 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

ORIGINAL: cosmo glider

Billnourse, What makes the Fla. and Utah CCW permit any different than say N.C.?
Florida and Utah allow Non-Resident permits. In Utah you have to have a four hour course taught by an NRA certified instructor. The one in our area charges 35.00 for the course. Utah charges about 100.00 for a 4 year permit.

Florida charges 117.00 for a 4 year permit and if you are a veteran, the only proof of profeciency you need your DD214.

You have to send a picture for the ID card, an application form, and three sets of fingerprints. You can get all the info you need by going to each state's web sight.

Regards,

Bill

Old 04-20-2006, 11:56 AM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

<deleted>

Old 04-20-2006, 09:22 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My brother and I both got our CCW's in TX. but when he moved to AZ he had to get an AZ one since there is no reciprocity agreement between the states And I am visiting him here and just decided to leave the Colt home anyway. My question is what is the deal with reciprocity? This state allowes you access in this state but that state doesnt allow CCW's from that other state. Why dont all the states that allow you to carry concealed just grant accsess to all the other states that do? How are the reciprocity agreements made between states?

Old 04-20-2006, 09:42 PM
scrappy883r
Outstanding HDF Member

Before 9-11 i sused to trap shoot in naples Fla, every spring. i would normally take off out of manchester NH. this one I was taking off out of Logan. I was unloading the car guns in their locked cases the sky cap guy comes over to check in the baggage and complety wigs out on me. I had every f-ing law enforcement officer with a 2 mile radious. No one told me that you couldn't carry a gun in Mass. ( I Am from NH) I did get on the next flight and the guns came to fla with me. I never again flew out of logan[:@]

Old 04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

I just got mack in form a long trip and haven't read all of the replys, but I will offer this opinion - do what you think best.

First, "open carry" solicites unwanted attentiion from the local authorities and "sheeple" (those citizens that are scared out of their wits by anyone other than "someone in authority" intending to provide for their own protection with a GUN...heaven forbide)

Second, open carry provides advance warning to anyone desiring to do you harm. Bad idea!

I carry concelled everywhere except on commercial flights. Its my option (and right) and I choose to exercise it.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Cognizant
Tourer

ORIGINAL: LOTHAR

Open carry just allows some wannabe tough guy to sart trouble, or some methhead. I open carry my pellet gun in the backyard to shoot blackbirds, grackles and fur bearing rodents eating my birdseed.
That's a heck of a price to pay for being hungry!