General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket Enthusiasts Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Rick5150
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DYNAmiteBuzz
I guess you couldn't find it without the eagle on the back. That's probably because all the jackets they wore were made it just for the movie. Glad you found one. A+ for your persistence.
I do not deserve an A+ - I have a whole list of jackets that I want, so they are always rolling in at different times.

I am not convinced the jacket was made just for the film. The jacket that Martin Lawrence wears is an off-the-rack Willie G jacket. At first I thought the eagle was embossed, but once I received the jacket and found that it was finely stitched embroidery instead - I think they used an off the rack HD Maverick jacket.

Sometimes with the softer leathers like this, it is possible to remove the stitching, then wet the leather with hot water. The water swells the leather a little and closes the fine stitch holes. Larger holes and stiffer leather are an issue though.

Even if the stitching holes are visible to the naked eye, they may not be visible on camera since most of the jacket was covered with the WH patch.