General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Claims?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:42 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Insurance Claims?

Well I checked with my current Ins. company, "now previous company", and they gave me a quote of $1,200 per year, I then called progressive and they gave me a quote of $890.00. I then got an online quote from the Gecko and they gave me the best quote,.... matter of fact they were ALOT cheaper on my car Ins. too so I switched my car insurance to them and they gave me a discount on my motorcycle Ins. In the end I'm paying around 600 per year full comp/collision. BUT,.... I tell you what really ticks me off,.... "pardon the following rant",... Is that my full coverage Insurance would only cost me around $300.00 per year but I added uninsured motorist coverage to cover me in case I get hit by one of the MANY,... ILLEGAL and UNLICENSED mexico citizens living in this State! I dont mind paying to insure myself but I hate having to pay extra to cover for uninsured motorists. They should have mandatory jail for all drivers involved in accidents who knowingly and intentionally refuse to insure their vehicles.

John

Old 04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Segerfan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had Progressive now for 3yrs. I've had a claim with them when someone tried to steal my wife's bike and some damage was done to it and they were great to work with. We insure both Road Kings for about $850 yr and that includes accessories and the dreaded uninsured motorist coverage.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I worked auto theft Progressive had the most responsive & best trained adjusters. They were generally pretty well versed on the latest investigative techniques and were very quick to prosecute for fraud. They were very helpful and great to work with. I liked this about them.

The down side, as I understand, is the founder or CEO is an anti-gun, pro ACLU liberal who donates allot of his money to support these & similar causes. Won't bother some folks but I'll pass on giving him my money...

Old 04-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: alazlo

When I worked auto theft Progressive had the most responsive & best trained adjusters. They were generally pretty well versed on the latest investigative techniques and were very quick to prosecute for fraud. They were very helpful and great to work with. I liked this about them.

The down side, as I understand, is the founder or CEO is an anti-gun, pro ACLU liberal who donates allot of his money to support these & similar causes. Won't bother some folks but I'll pass on giving him my money...

Thats enough for me to pass on Progressive and stick with Rider