General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets all help each other

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 03:49 PM
monyman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets all help each other

I was cruising on the freeway today and noticed a biker dude stranded on the emergency lane on the opposite side of the freeway.....so i got off the next offramp and got back on going the other way to help my fellow man.,,,,,wowowo i was so glad i helped him out,,,,he was an off duty los angeles policeman,,,on his bike WITHA @#$%^& FLAT TIRE.....dang,,,,i felt so badly,,,,it could have been me,,,,,,,,,,he was glad that i came to help...he felt kind of helpless,,so we both put two heads together,,,,i told him lets ride slowly to the next offramp,,,,we will find a safe place to park the bike and i will take him home for some help with his friend mechanic.............a mile later we pulled into a MOBIL GAS STATION,,,,,the mechanic told us to bring the bike over to the garage and he will try his best to fix the flat,,,he told us he never fixed a motorcycle tire,,,,,,it turns out he plugged the rear tire in a matter of minutes,,,,,wowowo,,,we then rode to the nearest dealer going about 50mph,,,,and got quick attention,new tire,,,,,,,whew,,,i felt great to help a fellow biker in need,,,,BE KIND TO ALL FELLOW BIKERS.!!
PS......he had a sportbike,,,,if anyone wants to know,,,,lol.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

That's your good deed for the day. Always, if you see another rider stopped on the side of the road, make sure that he is okay. It could be you and no one to stop and lend a hand.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:02 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice job. I've stopped 3 times for broke down riders. All 3 times they told me to ride on as they had someone on the way. Cell phones are handy things.

Please post a vid of you saying "wowowo" on youtube and post back here with the link.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

thats the biker code. you always stop for another biker harley or metric.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
frankjake
Road Master

I've only stopped once for a small group of bikers where I thought they might need some help. They did not.

What I usually do is, when I see someone alone side the road, I'll slow way down as if I were going to stop, but wait for a wave or other motion, trying to see if they need help or not. Like I said, I've only had to stop that one time. I'm glad there are not too many fellow riders that have needed help.

But I WOULD stop for any biker, no matter what type/brand of bike they are riding. It's just common courtesy to fellow riders.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have always stopped to see if my help was needed...majority of the time it is

Old 01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always stop for a single rider stopped on the side of the road,even if I'm in my car or pickup,If there are two riders I slow down blow the horn or wave,wait for a sign then stop or keep going!!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:32 PM
dstlcox
Cruiser

Me and the wife were going to the smokies and the old shovel let me down in paduka ky. ,that sucked ,very hot no shade ,we had all kinds of people stop , Dennis from Sills HD brought a trailer and took us back to the shop , parts manager Hooper done everything they could do ,thought they had it and by the end of the day Hooper came and picked us up 4 different times the last he helped get us in a motel , the next morning went to try and get a car rental and everthing was closed . called Hooper and he offered to drive us to nashville to get a rental NOW THAT'S SERVICE!!!! Dennis had just bought a new bike and even offered to let us ride it , .. we stop by there every year on our way just to say hi and thanks again YOU DO MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A BIKE !

Old 01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I would always stop. Sometimes people are just lost and I'm happy to help. Or maybe they just need a cell phone to call for a buddy to come and get them. Even though I don't know anything about fixing a bike (that's what the husband is there for...) there are many ways that I can help a fellow biker.

Isabel

Old 01-31-2009, 06:53 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I've always stopped for stranded bikers, always will! Most of the time they need the help.

Quick Reply: Lets all help each other