General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets all help each other

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when ever possible i always stop and offer help

Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 AM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only stopped twice for another biker on the side of the road.One guy had help on the way,but said thank you very much for stopping.The other guy was pulled over on a side street.He didn't let the old Kawi warm up enough before he left the house.Said he was too excited to go riding and didn't have the time to sit there and warm up.She'll be fine in 2 minutes,but thanks for stopping.

I only broke down once....not really.I ran the tank dry,even reserve on a well traveled slightly rural road.At least 20 "bikers" went right on by.A few azholes in cars gave me a honk and a smirk.FU too! I couldn't believe not one single bike stopped to offer any kind of help.After about 45 minutes of standing there,I flagged down a landscaping crew.Three Mexicans gave me a couple of gallons to get me going.Wouldn't even take the $20 I was trying to give them.That's why I'll stop for another biker.I know what it feels like to be helpless on the side of the road.I wish some of you guys lived closer to me!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:08 AM
bluebagger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help all

Well I sure have tried to do my best in helping fellow bikers and it does not matter to me what kind of bike they are ridding. Maybe someday that same rider might have to help me. One never knows.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:16 AM
bad_azz
Cruiser

I will always stop to help out. pretty damn disheartening when your the one that's stuck and everyone just drives by. i was stuck for 2 hours on an off ramp one day. dozens of bikes went by. only 1 kid on a sportbike and a homeless guy asked if i needed help. pretty messed up.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Jock
Cruiser

Stopped a couple of times now and been able to help - one of things my dad instilled in me was always carry the equivalent of a full Snap On tool chest - amazing the times you actually use it for even the smallest of things....

Last time we stripped down the full air cleaner assembly to find out what was wrong

Old 02-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Born and raised in SoDak. Dad taught us early on, STOP, it may be you next time.

Dammed proud to say, 2009 makes 43 yrs, 'road riding', and I have NEVER failed to stop for a scoot 'longside the road in that time. On my scoot, or in the cage. Couple of yrs ago, got a friggin' ticket for stopping on the freeway in the Cities, cause there was a scoot pulled over, and I stopped to check. He was outta gas.
But the trooper said I was just s'posed to pass 'im by. BTW, the judge threw the ticket out.
I have plugged tires on HDs on Hiway 34 between Pierrre and Sturgis. One of the 'bennies' of ownin' a panhead? TOOLZ, LOTZ O' TOOLZ.

Makes me 'aks' this question:
Why do we even need a thread 'bout this? Guess I grew up when it was 'automatic', not "thought" 'bout.

Sturgis,'74, my brother ran outta gas out by Draper, SD. I rode on ahead, got gas and when I came back, there were 3 HAs from Mn stopped, and yakking with Greg. After they heard his ol Beezer fire to life, they shook hands and pulled off down I90. One of them, that stopped, is STILL an HA. See him all the time at functions. We still remember that Aug day. And my brother STILL has that 58 Beezer.

When I am 'pack' riding with an MC, I ride 'tailgunner' (one brake )
Someone broke down on side of road, last 2 scoots in the pack drop off and stop. Least ways when I'm along. I'll pull over, one of the prospects HAS to pull over cause I did.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't care what they ride, I stop. I have had metrics stop for me when I've been on the side of the road takin a smoke break. Were all in this together.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 AM
IzZy63
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Must be that Brotherhood that only true Bikers understand, that a fellow Biker is in a stress situation.................................To Bad Azz whats up with Tampa no Brotherly Love for a fellow biker.lol

Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
gregwaa
Cruiser
Default ???About fix a flat....

Glad to see many people feel the same way about roadside help.I have a question about the cans of fix a flat.Ive heard b-4 that the stuff works well,but not sure what or if it causes any tire or rim harm.would figure it would tire all full of that ****,
Well just had to throw it out there and get some responses,
Thanks ride safe/Spring is coming.

Attached Thumbnails Lets all help each other-dsc00517-1-399x266-.jpg   Lets all help each other-dsc00519-1-.jpg  
Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 AM
monyman
Cruiser

THANK YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ..!!!..its good to know that in time of trouble,,,most will help,,,,,be safe,,,be cool,,,and ride free.!!!