General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for bikers with long hair and beards.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Nothing annoys me worse than to look up from my car and see that the guy (I think) at the MacDonald's drive up window, has purple glittered hair and piercings through several parts of his face.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
This might be a no-no, but has he tried Disney, they are always looking for creative people?
Yeah that's what I said,but he scoffs at the idea for what ever reason.I think he wants to be a rock star and doesn't want to lose the metal look.LOL

Here is a couple of his youtube vids. Funny thing is,his last job made him deal with all the customer service calls and tech support because he is so well spoken and has a outgoing personality.Bad thing is he doesn't look the part.Doh"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrDYjVWDYCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teX10BF4c9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMf_9eB4MzA

Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,255 Likes on 4,783 Posts

If he might want to get into the entertainment business I can send him a link to a website for crew that could be very helpful to him. It is a networking site and has a wealth of info including a jobs board. It would probably require him to travel. If you think he might be interested send me a PM with his email address and I would be glad to send him an invite to join the site.

With his background in music and animation he could probably get in with a Video company. I am pretty good friends with the Video producer on the tour I am working now and might be able to help him out there.

Long hair and beards are not an issue.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

There will be plenty of qualified applicants for every desirable job, more over the next months and years. Any interviewer will be looking for easy ways to disqualify applicants to get the numbers down to the best. Appearance will be the first cut. Don't give anyone a reason. In today's sketchy economy do whatever you can to GET THE JOB!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
bore
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by drogers
Yeah that's what I said,but he scoffs at the idea for what ever reason.I think he wants to be a rock star and doesn't want to lose the metal look.LOL

Here is a couple of his youtube vids. Funny thing is,his last job made him deal with all the customer service calls and tech support because he is so well spoken and has a outgoing personality.Bad thing is he doesn't look the part.Doh"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrDYjVWDYCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teX10BF4c9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMf_9eB4MzA

His guitar chops are a heck of a lot better then mine, I'll give him that, . As far as Disney, I know a couple of people who work for them, one is a performer in Disney on Ice, the other is in their IT department. Both have said they have learned more then they ever thought they could and the gal who skates for the Ice Show, she has seen more of the world then she ever thought possible. Just say'n.

Last edited by DoomBuggy; 01-31-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:06 PM
ronnny
Intermediate

I keep a short beard but hair half way down my back. I have made my beard shaped up for those occasions and but tie my hair back and tuck it in my shirt. If i was real interested in working i would cut it collar long but i am still working. Maintenance at ymmc.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 AM
4JAYS
Cruiser

Einstein will never get a job looking like he does.

A lot of famous and successful people got that way without giving a f what anybody thought about their looks.

I personally have been told I look like a '70's **** star.

And that's a bad thing??????????????

Old 02-01-2009, 01:58 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is if it's a gay **** star. Appearance counts towards any new job. If he doesn't look right for the job --he gets no job.
Originally Posted by 4JAYS
Einstein will never get a job looking like he does.

A lot of famous and successful people got that way without giving a f what anybody thought about their looks.

I personally have been told I look like a '70's **** star.

And that's a bad thing??????????????

Old 02-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Juno
Banned

What's more important eating or having long hair?? Tell him to stand by what believes in!!! Don't cut that hair for nobody!!! Even himself!!!

Quick Reply: Question for bikers with long hair and beards.