General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After you bought your first harley, did it live up to the hype?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
pmedic433
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the hype. but I wanted one since I started riding. I never thought that I would put so many miles so quickly. Even though I really enjoy the softail, I have been looking at an ultra. The first time I sat on one of those, my first thought was I could put alot of miles on this thing. I am trying to figure out how to keep the Fatboy and get an Ultra, because I really do not want to get rid of my first Harley!

Come on Powerball retirement plan!!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

The love affair with my bike is the purest relationship I ever had in my life.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:49 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

My first Harley was a basket case ( as were the next two ), these bikes were simply an expression of me at that time and place. I turned every nut and bolt and from the ground up watched them come to life and then get reborn every winter. To the guys who have kept their bikes all I can say is good for you! ! ! !

The Ultra is my first NEW Harley and it is all I could hope for. While radically different then anything I have owned before it fits who I am today as perfectly as could be. I had some concerns after reading some of the negative hype, particularly when it comes to the dealers, but my experiance has been nothing but perfect ( many thanks to the guys at Illinois Harley! ).

Old 01-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by novemberclass
So you know the situation, youve never owned a harley but youre finally going to get one. Then you do. After owning a harley did it live up to all the hype and high expectations? Or after having it a while was it not that big of a deal? Be honest.
I can honestly say that I'm totally satisfied with my Harley in every way and I've owned it since October 2005. It's a keeper.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doombuggy
my first harley was a basket case ( as were the next two ), these bikes were simply an expression of me at that time and place. I turned every nut and bolt and from the ground up watched them come to life and then get reborn every winter. To the guys who have kept their bikes all i can say is good for you! ! ! !

The ultra is my first new harley and it is all i could hope for. While radically different then anything i have owned before it fits who i am today as perfectly as could be. I had some concerns after reading some of the negative hype, particularly when it comes to the dealers, but my experiance has been nothing but perfect ( many thanks to the guys at illinois harley! ).
amen!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Met my expectations and put that permanent smile on my face. I knew from the first ride it was all worth it.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
novemberclass
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by un3asyrider
do you by chance have a soloflex in your closet? Be honest.
no but i got an Iron gym "as seen on TV" for christmas and its a permanent resident of my closet.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

What hype? I bought my 07 Softail Custom because it had the right retro look that I wanted and it was black. I liked it so much that I got rid of these two bikes.

As you can see they are bikes that metric riders say are much superior to the HD. Pure BS. They are way to heavy. Not geared well for highway speed and gas guzzlers.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
CLSKIP
Advanced

Forget the hype, If you can't feel what its all about when you sit on a Harley you never will!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:59 PM
novemberclass
6th Gear

Originally Posted by CLSKIP
Forget the hype, If you can't feel what its all about when you sit on a Harley you never will!
all Ive done is sit on a harley at a dealership showroom and i felt what its all about and want it.

Quick Reply: After you bought your first harley, did it live up to the hype?