General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

longest motorcycle trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006 | 07:20 PM
vulhalla
|
Road Master
Default longest motorcycle trip

Whats your longest motorcycle trip? Where and how many miles?

Actual motorcycling, not hauling it somewhere, leaving and returning home onthe bike.

Mine was 2,223 miles. Total of 10 Days.

Maine, foxwoods,OCC in NY, Valley Forge, Philadelphia- Liberty Bell, York factory tour,Americade then rounded it out in Laconia and back home to Maine.

Old 04-17-2006 | 07:31 PM
LTrain
Road Master
Default RE: longest motorcycle trip

About 1000 miles. With a tent, my gf, a stock seat, and a stock pillion. I had a great time. I think she did too, but she's so sweet, she might not say if she hated it.

Old 04-17-2006 | 07:33 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

6900 miles in 19 days. I left Illinois and took Rt 66 to Oklahoma City traveling through Illinois, the tip of Kansas. Then on to Albuquerque NM, traveling through the panhandle of Texas for 4 days at the 94 HOG Rally. Then to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Marina Del Rey, California and up the PCH to Oregon and Washington. I took the Northern route back through Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and back to Illinois. This was a planned and highly organized ride involving camping most of the trip. I had my 91 Ultra loaded to the max. It was probably the best trip and most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle.

Old 04-17-2006 | 08:39 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

We did 5500 in just under two weeks last year.

We left Dallas, visited Grand Canyon, Laughlin, over to San Jose, San Francisco, Up 101 through the Red Wood forest, up the Oregon coast in to Wa, over to Mt St Hellen, back down through eastern Oregon, Idaho, Utah (Moab etc), across southern Colorado and back to Dallas.

It looks like we'll eclipse that distance this year on our trip to Billings for the National HOG Rally, but no way we'll get close to Terry's 6900!!!

Anyone ever done the ride around Lake Michigan? When were were in Milwaukee for the 2003 Ride Home, it was suggested that we do that. If you have any suggestions and/or recommendations, I like to hear them. We are considering doing that on our way home from Billings (to Dallas?). It's only miles.... and that's what we LOVE!

Old 04-17-2006 | 09:13 PM
wesd41
Road Master

About 2600 miles, Wisconsin to Phoenix, in four days. Left the frozen north in November and rode to Memphis the first day- was about 14 degrees when I finally got there at 2am. Glad it got warmer the farther west I went.

Old 04-17-2006 | 09:29 PM
tobster
Cruiser

4,200 miles in 8 days.....I was a lot younger..... "YOUNG, DUMB, AND FULL OF WHATEVER"....I would never do it again in that short of time.....I would love to do it again in 3 or 4 weeks....maybe someday..... uhm.....I smell retirement!

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:00 PM
sbolt
Advanced

Philadelphia to Sturgis, Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, Texas ( some of Rt 66) and back via Tennessee and up Skyline Drive( visualize a big reverse C) Too flipping long ago to remember the mileage total ( I'd guess 9100 miles) over three weeks on a Yamaha 650 twin. The bike didn't shake so much as vibrate at every RPM, which the G/F at the time enjoyed the heck out of. No windshield. Stock seat. Much younger butt than I currently posess. Much younger everything. I probably miss the ability to take three weeks off to go tour more than that bike or ***.

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:02 PM
jkirisits
Road Captain

spent a year traveling from camp ground to camp ground working. I would spend a week or two working, then off to the next.
Had a 79 low rider. i wish i could say it ran great the whole time, but I made it.
This was one of the best times of my life.
Now I have a wife and kids. the longest I can get away is my 1 and 45 minute commute.

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:22 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Rode ABQ, NM to San Diego, then to Ventura and Ranco Cucamonga, to LA, did Run for the Wall "all the way" LA to DC, came back via TN and NC, Arkansas. MO, OK, TX...28 days, total 8800 miles...doin it again this year but will leave earlier and run to UT, NV, northern CA and into norther OR then down the coast to LA, the RFTW, and back.

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:26 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member

3800 miles in 8 days plus 7 days at Sturgis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait till this year!!!

Quick Reply: longest motorcycle trip