General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

laydown licenseplate... how to with signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
RandyS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laydown licenseplate... how to with signal relocation

I purchased the signal relocation kit for the rear of my 06 lowrider....I see in the catalogue one set is laydown license plate and one is not....went to dealer....two parts guys started working with me....give me the kit and other goodies..get home (3 hours away) and I got the one that is not laydown - needless to say, couldn't wait so I put it on.....this was about month and a half ago....now -I am thinking why did I rush???
Any thoughts on changing which is the same as the factory set-up on a dyna or a sportie license plate holder to a laydown set up...the bar for the signal lights has two bolts that go through fender and plate holder....so something like a kury laydown kit will not work....thanks for your help, ideas and or pics!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
ashenfang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure what your question is. I put a laydown plate kit on my sportie, but I put it on mainly for the relocation kit for the turn signals so I could put saddles on.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 PM
RandyS
Tourer

Sorry if I rambled..I put relocation kit on but kit did not have the laydown...how can I make it into one and keep the relocation where it is for my bags...is that more clear...sorry and thanks for your response!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

iam still not following which kit you already have on? is it like the one in the picture below? Or like the plate i have on my bike in my signature picture.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 AM
ashenfang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as I know, harley sells two plate kits. One with lay down, and another that is standard. Both have relocation for the turn signals. It sounds like you have the regular one. The only way I would know to make the plate lay down would be to either by a whole new kit, or see if you can find the lay down plate by its self. I don't think Harley sells it seperate, but give the dealer a call.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:29 AM
RandyS
Tourer

That's the concern guys...got the kit like the top pic of ohio's and want to make it like the bottom.....any ideas of what I can do to that bracket to make it work????

Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Firebird1989
Tourer

I used the factory holes on my Sporty, placed the plate over the middle hole and marked it w/ a marker from underneath the fender. Drilled a hole through the plate and bent the plate w/ the fender. IMO its just as nice as a side mount and a lot cheaper not sure if its the same setup as your bike though.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Find someone that has a laydown location kit part for sale. According to the sheet that came with mine iam looking at it now harley doesn't sell the plate by itself. Now that being said if you were really good with a drill or had a machine shop handy you could buy the laydown plate and drill the hole thru the side so the bar would fit thru it but more than likely youd need to use a mill and youd have to be pretty accurate. I would look for one at on ebay cheap or at a swap meet.