General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Turbo kit to be released........

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:11 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

No way in hell could you sell me that contraption!

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:17 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Surely the OP dosent think someone would just buy that ugly tangle of madness from him and bolt it on their pride and joy.....

Say it aint so Joe'.

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:49 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member

The purpe thingy looks like the head of a wastegate. I cant remember ever seeing one plumbed to the outlet of an aftercooler. And that is one huge aftercooler at that.

Come on guys, dont complain about the looks of something if you dont fully understand what its going to do for you. If you want to sit back and look pretty, thats your perogative. Dont condemn someone if all you ever see is a nanosecond of their taillights. Given what I can see from the photos, the dude has done a pretty decent job of tackling a nightmarish task.

It wasnt that long ago I rode with a guy that had a turbo on a pan. The thought of having a 48IDA with velocity stacks under the brake pedal didnt sit well with me either. All he had to do was crack the throttle, and he was gone. If you want and can afford a turbo, you wont bat an eyelash at the cost of a motor. Once you've felt the power, the rest is history.

To the OP, get yourself registered as a vendor

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:57 PM
1Coastie
Road Master

Originally Posted by kk6pg
The purpe thingy looks like the head of a wastegate. I cant remember ever seeing one plumbed to the outlet of an aftercooler. And that is one huge aftercooler at that.

Come on guys, dont complain about the looks of something if you dont fully understand what its going to do for you. If you want to sit back and look pretty, thats your perogative. Dont condemn someone if all you ever see is a nanosecond of their taillights. Given what I can see from the photos, the dude has done a pretty decent job of tackling a nightmarish task.

It wasnt that long ago I rode with a guy that had a turbo on a pan. The thought of having a 48IDA with velocity stacks under the brake pedal didnt sit well with me either. All he had to do was crack the throttle, and he was gone. If you want and can afford a turbo, you wont bat an eyelash at the cost of a motor. Once you've felt the power, the rest is history.

To the OP, get yourself registered as a vendor

I fully understand what this would do for me, it would make my bike fast as hell and look like $#it. A supercharger will do the same thing, be ALOT more reliable and look WAY better. JMHO

Old 01-26-2009 | 03:05 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior

Exhaust issues for sure!

Old 01-26-2009 | 03:23 PM
Daniel@Tigretune
|
3rd Gear

[quote=kk6pg;4448229]The purpe thingy looks like the head of a wastegate. I cant remember ever seeing one plumbed to the outlet of an aftercooler. And that is one huge aftercooler at that.

To the OP, get yourself registered as a vendor[/q

Thanks for understanding. I appreciate it, The purple thing is actually a Tial BOV (blow off valve). The wastegate is actually internal and divorced as an external..

Thanks again,
Daniel

Old 01-26-2009 | 05:48 PM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain

I know what the parts are.............its still ugly...........
Hope your puttin on a air cleaner with a real good cover, gunna get real wet right behind the front tire.
Or is that for water injection?

Last edited by FBTRIKE; 01-26-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2009 | 07:00 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kk6pg

You would know my view on this subject. I talked to Bob at RB Racing a few years back and the person who was left standing (after the lawyers) with AeroCharger (boost is good / Turbo Connection) and I believe turbo's are good if you fully understand what you are getting into. You must have an intercooler, EFI and deep pockets. As far as looking wise goes, I personally perfer the looks of the turbo (once I get done with it myself) over a stock barge that was chromed out by the dealer and everyone else has the same thing but in slightly different variations.

Why do I not have one? It takes an enormous amount of skill, knowledge, and understanding of motors which I am not in command of and do not have the time do dedicate to a project like that. BTW I also like reliability and going long ways away from services.

Old 01-26-2009 | 07:22 PM
Daniel@Tigretune
|
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by FBTRIKE
I know what the parts are.............its still ugly...........
Hope your puttin on a air cleaner with a real good cover, gunna get real wet right behind the front tire.
Or is that for water injection?

I have a 2.5" K&N with an internal velocity stack and a pre filter over it... thanks for caring

Old 01-27-2009 | 10:40 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Daniel@Tigretune
I have a 2.5" K&N with an internal velocity stack and a pre filter over it... thanks for caring
Then I guess it's not for ridin in the rain.........

Quick Reply: NEW Turbo kit to be released........