Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridin Boots??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:42 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

My red wings are awesome. They are laced with the side zipper and a nice non skid sole. I tried to make them slide in some oil and they stood their ground and did not slip. I have the second one from the left on the link below. I think I paid $100 and they don't have all them buckles on them unless you like them, but that's the reason I bought these.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductR...SubType=Zipper

Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

You have all the the great boot makers is your back yard.

West Coast Shoe
Danner
White Bros.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Roses
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you hit me in the gut with the "affordable" comment. What the hell is that? Something you can afford with the money left over, after bills, from one paycheck? Or the absolute cheapest you can find?

That aside, the first thing I look for is "Made in USA." Not as difficult to find as you would think, listening to people who say "you can't find anything made in america any more" at walmart.

If you are looking for good quality American made boots then look to spend a minimum of $150.00. I have Chippewa snip toe harness Boots in black. I am not a big boot wearer normally. Only wear them when riding. These have enough room in them to be able to fit 3 pairs of socks when tempatures are below freezing. I am not a big fan of buckles, zippers, laces, buttons or the HD logo being emblazened on everything I own.

One thing I did notice when shopping for boots is that you can pay the same thing for the same boots made in USA as you can for made in china. Same company, same style, only difference is the Harley logo on the "Made in China" boots.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 595 Likes on 313 Posts

I found the TourMaster riding boot to be the best for me. Feel like wearing a tennis shoe, but designed for protection while riding.

Waterproof but breathe, and warm in winter.

about $120

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...oad-Boots.aspx

Old 01-25-2009, 05:53 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergeoff
Ive had good luck with Milwaukee boots. Affordable and durable, but need to be treated to make them water repellent. After wearing them, I'll never buy another H-D boot, ever.

+1 on Milwaukee boot. Affordable and zipper went out after about a year on pair and exchanged for brand new pair without hesitation or question. Very comfortable.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waterproof's the way!Golden Retrievers.

Attached Thumbnails Ridin Boots??-boots.jpg  
Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by khyber
Danner Desert Acadia's; my boot of choice. Like you, knowing what is a comfortable and durable boot from living in them for years. I figured if I could walk in them from before sunup to after sundown, they'll work for sitting on my a$$ on the bike; and if I should need to take a long walk, well, there they are.

Side note, did some cold weather training at the firing center there back in the 80's. Great little town and some friendly females.

rs
+1 on walking comfort being the first consideration. My HD boots are awful for that. Learned that lesson a long time ago when I went to a rally. No problem riding, but the boots killed me off walking around all weekend.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:44 AM
cerk4
Cruiser

Redwings last forever, but as far as cheap goes, with most boots you get what you pay for. do you want cheap for a year or cheap for 10 years?

Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Davesurf
Cruiser

My vote is for Danners, I wear them everyday for work and riding.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 AM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

rode runr,
I have been looking at that boot, did you get the boot in the normal size you wear or did you have to go up a size for proper fit? I will be using a heated insole in this boot on occasion. thanks

Quick Reply: Ridin Boots??