General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busy dealer in Seattle, not all gloomy...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the dealer i go to here in portland is just about always busy too...and I go there quite often...pass it daily on my commute

Old 01-24-2009, 10:28 PM
BikerDawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to burst your bubble but I have a number of friends that work at the Lynnwood dealership and things are far from "rosey" there. They have had to lay off quite a few people in all departments and have had to cut the hours of most of the staff. The finance department alone has gone from 4 people between the 2 stores to just one guy covering both HD and the metric store (which of course is now back in the old building next door due to financial reasons as well).

They are not alone though. Also have a couple of friends up at Sound Harley and their bike sales are way down since last year at the same time. Both stores get a lot of riders stopping in and hanging out during the nice weather but not enough people buying bikes.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Things in the shadow or the GREAT EAST sometimes look "Rosey". But then we here on the west coast always hear about things after the fact.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/bu...1&ref=business

Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
dcmassena
Tourer

Originally Posted by madden23
Dealership in Lynnwood and judging by how busy it was I don't think they are "dealing",but they have always been fair, never charging over MSRP even when everyone else was, when I bought my Dyna in 2007 other dealer in Seattle wanted 1500 over msrp, they knocked 500 off. I guess the ones that have always been fair will prosper.
I bought my Nightster at the dealership in Lynnwood. Everyone I know who bought a bike from there is happy with their deals. They are fair, easy to work with and super friendly. Their service dept is pretty decent too. They have been in business a long time.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 PM
dcmassena
Tourer

Originally Posted by BikerDawg
Not to burst your bubble but I have a number of friends that work at the Lynnwood dealership and things are far from "rosey" there. They have had to lay off quite a few people in all departments and have had to cut the hours of most of the staff. The finance department alone has gone from 4 people between the 2 stores to just one guy covering both HD and the metric store (which of course is now back in the old building next door due to financial reasons as well).

They are not alone though. Also have a couple of friends up at Sound Harley and their bike sales are way down since last year at the same time. Both stores get a lot of riders stopping in and hanging out during the nice weather but not enough people buying bikes.
I would not have guessed they were in trouble. That's too bad, my expeirence buying my bike there was excellent.

I know that the metric store moved back to its original building, but I didn't realize that the Harley dealer was having trouble. I guess I'll take some of my dollars up there and do my part.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:35 PM
dcmassena
Tourer

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
Which dealership was this? (Only 2 in that area I can think of offhand are Eastside HD in Bellevue and HD of Seattle in Lynnwood)...

Sounds like that dealership might have some pretty good sales or prices right now....

Just recently I was talking with a couple friends that live in the Kent area, and one of them mentioned that he would be interested in a new bike if he could find one at a good price...

Let me know what dealership it was and I'll get the info to him. Wouldn't hurt for him to run over there and see if he could get a good deal on something.

Eastside Harley is getting ready to open a new dyno room. They are a free dyno run, so I'm sure they'll end up selling a couple bikes that day. I'm going to take my Nightster over and get it dyno'd. They have already been trying to get me to take advantage of the sportster trade up deal...who know's maybe I'll get a good deal that day.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

things are slow up at Skagit Harley havent seen much movement at all lately there
good to know some are still doing ok

Old 01-25-2009, 12:57 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Ditto

Pretty much the same story here in the Eastcoast....Battlefields has the crowds and I've seen 3-4 sold stickers on them.....I always thought when I bought my new sled, I fricken riding it out riight there and then? I quess prep and add ons.....

Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The dealer we go to in Iowa was slow after xmas but very busy now, selling bikes and my friends new street glide just came in on Thursday.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by duglaura&flhti
Pretty much the same story here in the Eastcoast....Battlefields has the crowds and I've seen 3-4 sold stickers on them.....I always thought when I bought my new sled, I fricken riding it out riight there and then? I quess prep and add ons.....
Dealer I used to go to was putting sold signs on bike which weren't sold just to make you think there was demand and action.

Fkn crooks in every way.

Quick Reply: Busy dealer in Seattle, not all gloomy...