Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vegas vacation

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
badmoon53551
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pig
NO, the dealer in Vegas will NOT let you wear the fake helmet. They will make you wear a real DOT helmet or they will not rent to you. I have rented in Vegas 4 times over the past 10 years when out there.
ive got no problem wearin there lid till i get out of the lot, i was just curious how close they examin your own if you bring one in. The carbon head trip dot and the non dot i have do look pretty similar unless you really start handling it.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They wouldn't even allow us to carry them with us. They made us leave them at the dealership until we returned. If you are hell bent on wearing it I would just leave it in my room and then go back and get it from there and not even take it to the dealer. That way all you have to worry about is Vegas Metro and HP.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
badmoon53551
Novice

Yea, thats what I was thinking. I just talked to a buddy who rented a bagger in canada last year. There was no helmet law, but just the same you had to ware one while renting. But they also told him as soon as he pulled off there property he could do what he wishes with no bones about it. Although im sure it voids any liability, they were not being complete clones.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:46 PM
rexel
Advanced

Originally Posted by badmoon53551
Yea, thats what I was thinking. I just talked to a buddy who rented a bagger in canada last year. There was no helmet law, but just the same you had to ware one while renting. But they also told him as soon as he pulled off there property he could do what he wishes with no bones about it. Although im sure it voids any liability, they were not being complete clones.
No helmet law in Canada???...I've been riding in for over 18 years and there's always been a helmet law in all provinces....wonder how far he got before he was ticketed

Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
badmoon53551
Novice

Originally Posted by rexel
No helmet law in Canada???...I've been riding in for over 18 years and there's always been a helmet law in all provinces....wonder how far he got before he was ticketed
My bad, I never been there but I thought id heard that. sorry. Regardless of that though the rest of the post holds true. They just told him to wear there helmet until off the property than swap. He never got pulled over that i know of.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:31 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LV HD provides a helmet and rain suit with the bike rental. Problem solved.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You are gonna be there 2 days...Wear the freaking Helmet they give ya, and quit worrying about it...sheeeesh its ONLY 2 days..

its one thing to wear a benie around your home area, or on your own bike. BUT, if you get caugt with it on a RENTAL, HD and the dealership are gonna have a problem with you for violating the terms of the rental.

I guess it all depends on how much you really want to spend to wear the benie.

Just remember...violating the terms of a rental, could cost you more than the actual rental would ever cost..you do have to sign an agreement to wear a DOT helmet at all times while riding..Don't think they won't nail ya if you get caught violating that one.

Dont't get me wrong...I agree with personal choice...BUT..YOUR choice in this instance is to RENT the bike, and that means you CHOOSE to follow those rules.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:42 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I hope they spray those rental helmets with something!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:24 AM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have rented from LV HD several times. I just wear the helmet they provide. My buddy always brings his. It is DOT but it was never checked by the staff.
Have fun and remember to visit Valley of Fire. It is awesome!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:57 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FLTRI4ME
I hope they spray those rental helmets with something!
They do, coyote urine, it kills all head lice, it's not like it's hot out here and anyone sweats.
Also no fashion police so wear da helmet, although, if I see you, I will post a pic on this site, just sayin.

Last edited by SleeplessinVegas; 01-24-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: vegas vacation