General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Honda Fury

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Shadow-Rider
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed, Crapshooter!

Hilarious someone is bragging about having to pay for his bike over time. As for the bikes themselves and the people who ride them, I admire the ones who can fix them when they break down. If that's you, I will admit, I'm a little envious....of your mechanical ability, not the bike. But for anyone who would have to wait for a tow and you still chose an unreliable brand, I laugh. But as a few others have said, I've met good people on many different types of bikes, including HD & Indian.

For the union guys who feel threatened by imports, OK. They probably drive American, too. But the wannabe's who have a Benz, Beamer, Toyota or Honda back home and refuse to wave hello to a rider on an import? I really crack!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Would be fun to play around with one in a few years when they aren't worth a lot.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:08 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

There's only one reason this guy hasn't been banned yet. Think about it. He comes to an H-D forum and signs up with a name like "Shadow Rider". Then his only posts are restricted to this particular thread about a Honda Fury. He continually bashes Harleys as being unreliable pieces of crap. And he puts absolutely nothing in his profile.

So, the moderators/Admin know who this is, and is just letting him play. And Schu is the only moderator to even post in this thread.

Schu, have to been taking your meds for that multiple personality disorder of your's?

Old 03-29-2009, 12:12 PM
train913
Tourer

just please tell me why the F**K are you still here this is a HARLEY DAVIDSON forum so if you do not ride a HARLEY DAVIDSON get the F**K out and stop trying to bash our bikes we don't come to your qu**r forum and bash your bike of choice,not that it hasn't cracked me up hearing you try and justify buying a honda because it has,but I think we could all do without

Originally Posted by Shadow-Rider
Hilarious someone is bragging about having to pay for his bike over time. As for the bikes themselves and the people who ride them, I admire the ones who can fix them when they break down. If that's you, I will admit, I'm a little envious....of your mechanical ability, not the bike. But for anyone who would have to wait for a tow and you still chose an unreliable brand, I laugh. But as a few others have said, I've met good people on many different types of bikes, including HD & Indian.

For the union guys who feel threatened by imports, OK. They probably drive American, too. But the wannabe's who have a Benz, Beamer, Toyota or Honda back home and refuse to wave hello to a rider on an import? I really crack!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:22 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nope, it's not me.
I do wonder if he's a member over at the HondaShadow.net forums. I read the forums over there and there's a couple of guys that I wouldn't put it past to come over here and say some things.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ride with two people that have the 750 Shadow Aero from time to time and thus far, their 2 year old bikes have been very reliable. I do however have a problem when they barely make it over 100 miles on a load of fuel. It's unfortunate that the little 750 will barely make 40mpg where my 1200R model Sportster would clear 130 miles even when it had the peanut tank on it, which is smaller than the Aero tank by half a gallon. It's also fortunate for me that I don't have the issues with maintenance they do as the Sportster is far easier to work on in terms of maintenance and as you know, all bikes do need maintenance; including Honda. I've never had to wait for a tow nor have I needed one. I will however say the one thing I have always liked about a Harley is the fact that if you crash it and it doesn't hit some stationary object besides the road, you will very likely be able to pick it up and ride it home. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the Aero or many of the metric bikes.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

That fury will end up hanging from a crane at the Buffalo Chip, dropped, set on fire, and everyone screamin' at the top of their lungs... Don't get excited I'm just kidding around here. Honda's just trying to capitalize on the Harley mystique. Trying to bring it home for the Honda shareholders. Harley's are definitely NOT for everyone, but I for one, am glad that everyone ISN'T riding a Harley. It just makes mine look, feel, and ride that much more unique. Embrace the adversary, and you will overcome him.... I'm just sayin'.....

Old 03-29-2009, 02:28 PM
train913
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
That fury will end up hanging from a crane at the Buffalo Chip, dropped, set on fire, and everyone screamin' at the top of their lungs... Don't get excited I'm just kidding around here. Honda's just trying to capitalize on the Harley mystique. Trying to bring it home for the Honda shareholders. Harley's are definitely NOT for everyone, but I for one, am glad that everyone ISN'T riding a Harley. It just makes mine look, feel, and ride that much more unique. Embrace the adversary, and you will overcome him.... I'm just sayin'.....
perfectly said

Old 03-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Shadow-Rider
3rd Gear

I still laugh at what Jesse James said on "60 Minutes" about guys whose dream bike is an HD. Granted, he wouldn't have anything better to say about my rice burner. Hey, it's been real fun messin' with you guys who think an HD makes you manlier. When it comes down to it, I don't have anything against you. I send up good thoughts for everyone who's on two wheels. We have enough people in cars who don't have enough consideration for us, to be against one another. Peace out!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I still laugh at what Jesse James said on "60 Minutes" about guys whose dream bike is an HD. Granted, he wouldn't have anything better to say about my rice burner. Hey, it's been real fun messin' with you guys who think an HD makes you manlier. When it comes down to it, I don't have anything against you. I send up good thoughts for everyone who's on two wheels. We have enough people in cars who don't have enough consideration for us, to be against one another. Peace out!

I don't think you'll find a single member here that thinks owning a H-D makes them more of a man. Truth is, they ride H-Ds because they're secure in who they are and what they like.

Now, someone that comes onto a forum just to make stupid comments and bash the reason for the forum, well... must need to feel more like a man themselves. Too bad. It didn't work. See ya!