General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Honda Fury

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

They can't be as bad as this & the Fury is a bit more $$$ then a Sportster I believe.

OK, posted here. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ml#post4427750

Last edited by golfblues; 01-22-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the bike looks that bad but I'm not a big fan of choppers anyway, regardless of what engine it's got in it. Having said that, it just doesn't seem right with a water cooled engine in it. I'm not dissing the VTX. Its a great engine but seems out of place in a chopper style bike. It won't surprise me if it sells though!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Shadow-Rider
3rd Gear
Default "A real chopper but can't afford one"?

I laugh when fools like Real Joe say this. I own several vehicles, a boat and three bikes...all of them Honda. If I wanted a POS Harley, I could afford one. I'm the first to admit they're beautiful, but I want a bike to ride. Most HD riders keep them nice & shiny in their garage.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow-Rider
I laugh when fools like Real Joe say this. I own several vehicles, a boat and three bikes...all of them Honda. If I wanted a POS Harley, I could afford one. I'm the first to admit they're beautiful, but I want a bike to ride. Most HD riders keep them nice & shiny in their garage.
Troll alert!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

I used to own a Goldwing and my previous bike was an ST1100. I've made several trips from Texas to California and other places on both bikes so I "do" ride them. On the other hand, I've known a number of folks who spend way more time rubbing on the Goldwings than they do riding them so that's not exclusively a Harley thing.

I just took delivery of an 09 Ultra the end of February. In fact, the bike will hit it's one month anniversary tomorrow and I've got almost 2600 miles on it to date. I've washed it three time so far but riding it definitely takes priority.

I do a lot or traveling with my job. We almost always drive to our destination and in the last 9 months or so, I've been anywhere between New Jersey and Los Angeles with trips to Wyoming, Upper Michigan, and the Chicago area. In that time, I have to say that the fast majority of the motorcycles I've passed on the road were Harley's. We'd see the occasional group of Goldwings or BMW's but I'd guess that 75 to 80% of the bikes were Harley's. You can tease the bar hopping crowd (those that wash more than they ride) but I'd say they're definitely in the minority here.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh good. A new troll to play with.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Ya know, if you want to come onto a Harley-Davidson forum and talk smack, it would be advisable to at least have something to brag about. Like a VTX or Gold Wing. Smack talk from someone that rides a Shadow is pretty weak.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:25 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

welcome to the forum Shadow Rider

Old 03-26-2009, 04:54 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Fock Japan.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Shadow-Rider
3rd Gear
Default VTX or Goldwing

VTX's weren't made yet, when I got my bike. As for a Goldwing, maybe when I'm 20 years older. As for size, I don't need to compensate for what I'm lacking down below. You probably drive a big truck or SUV, too. LOL!!

Quick Reply: 2010 Honda Fury