General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaa

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sctusa
I have always just had the standard.
Never let me down yet.
If you have an RV and one tow truck can not handle, they will send 2 trucks, no charge...
Covers everyone in your immediate family and all the vehicles...
You don't even have to own an RV!
I love it just for the fact that they come out and change flat tires. When you are sitting on the side of a busy road, and it's raining and hot, I sit and listen to the music while they do all the work!!!
If you tow an RV and the tow vehicle breaks down, they take you and your towed trailer to the nearest RV park and the tow vehicle to the nearest repair shop closest to the RV park...
They respond quickly, with help for you, usually within 1 hour. They contract with various tow shops throughout the US.
From this, I assume you squat to pee in the morning???
I guess 'aksin' you to help kick start the scoot is OUTTA the ?, huh?

My Dad had AAA forever. He had it jus' for Mom. In case she had car trouble.
I carry tools.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry tools also, but there was an occasion when a roadside repair for me was not possible stator went during bike week in Port Orange, FL. I too have AAA with RV + and used them. I have used them in the past also and would recomend to anyone. Only bitch can be the wait time.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
nighttrain72970
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've had AAA for 10yrs. and have only used them maybe a dozen times. Those times were mainly the wife leaving the dome light on and draining the battery. A couple were tows to a repair place. Never had a problem with service or arrival times. Maybe it just me but I can't really say anything bad about them.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

AAA RV Plus paid off for me on a road trip when I was 600 miles from home. Bike broke down late afternoon on a Sunday. Within 1 hour was at a motel with my bike. No towing charge. Next morning called AAA picked up my bike at motel and took to dealer No Charge.

Yea I recommend it.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM
sctusa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
From this, I assume you squat to pee in the morning???
I guess 'aksin' you to help kick start the scoot is OUTTA the ?, huh?

My Dad had AAA forever. He had it jus' for Mom. In case she had car trouble.
I carry tools.
Hey Gump,
Just holler there friend and I will be glad to kick start your scoot for ya, as ya appear to be a tad on the skinny side there...
And ya I sometimes squat when I be dumpin too...
But ifin I have a service that I be payin for, I do wants to get me $$ worth, comprend amigo????
Me gots lotsa tools too.......

Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Moonrider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RV Plus. They were great when we need them.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 AM
hondaherb
Road Captain

Several years ago , I came out of Disney World and found a note on my mirror telling me that I had a screw in my front tire. I had a sidecar on my bike, so I didn't have a problem with putting a plug in the tire, just to last until we got home. I stopped at the AAA station just out of Disney and asked if they would plug a tire. When I told them I was on a bike, I was told they don't work on bikes. I pleaded with them telling them it was an emergency. I was told again they don't work on bikes. I started to say something again and was told if I didn't get off their property, they would call the police. I had been very quiet cause I needed some help, but now I was getting mad. I told them to go FU@k their self and left. I still get mail trying to get me to join AAA but I just trash it

Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 fatboy
Just thought I'd run this by you. A friend and I went on a ride this weekend, no problem till my bike wouldn't start about 60 miles from home, gave it a jump start and away we go home. Well the battery went completely dead and the bike stalled while riding about ten miles from town. I called triple A for assistance, they asked if I had RV roadside assistance, I didn't, but I do have roadside, but they wouldn't tow my bike. So my friend road to town to get a new battery. Put it in the bike, not enough power to start it. Well I figured triple A would at least jump start my bike, nope, even just to jump start it I needed to have RV roadside assistants. I had 2 cars a Harley and my home insurance with these idiots, I had. I canceled it and went to All State, its less for all my coverage and they said since my bike is with them it is covered on roadside assistance.
That is pretty weird. Usually and I have Liberty Mutual which has roadside asistance with a 800 number, when you have a motorcycle specific insurance there is usually allowance for some asistance. Good for you for dumping the useless policy.

Triple A don't offer roadside assistance motorcycles. I've called and asked.

By the way was it a stator? Regulator? Just curious.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
Is there a limited number of responses or something???
I believe its 4 calls per vehicle in a year.
Ive been a member (automobile)since '74 and it has payed for it's self many times.

The worst thing that has happened was my wife locked the keys in her 350Z.The driver came out to the mall where the car was at and got the Slim Jim stuck in the door panel!He had to call a lock smith who was able to open the other door.My wife had to drive home with the tool stuck in the door.
AAA had her take it to a body shop to remove the Slim Jim.They paid for it.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:31 AM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Life Member HOG and also have AAA for the cars...never a issue....My stator went out in 95 comming back from sturgis at Mitchel SD at 4pm called Sioux Falls Harley and a tech drove all the way there to p/u me and the bike up...Awsome servive and saved me a bundle.
All he asked was if I was a HOG member and I said lifer,he said we are on our way....