General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaa

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sctusa
In my opinion, and after having this service for many years with very good results, I would highly reccommend them.
Covers all your vehicles with unlimited mileage, etc.
http://www.goodsamers.com/benefits.cfm
sctusa,
I am a "Good Sam member", which plan do you recommend, the standard or the upgrade?
Thanks

Old 01-22-2009, 09:25 AM
sctusa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
sctusa,
I am a "Good Sam member", which plan do you recommend, the standard or the upgrade?
Thanks
I have always just had the standard.
Never let me down yet.
If you have an RV and one tow truck can not handle, they will send 2 trucks, no charge...
Covers everyone in your immediate family and all the vehicles...
You don't even have to own an RV!
I love it just for the fact that they come out and change flat tires. When you are sitting on the side of a busy road, and it's raining and hot, I sit and listen to the music while they do all the work!!!
If you tow an RV and the tow vehicle breaks down, they take you and your towed trailer to the nearest RV park and the tow vehicle to the nearest repair shop closest to the RV park...
They respond quickly, with help for you, usually within 1 hour. They contract with various tow shops throughout the US.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

i have AAA for the Wifes truck but I keep my HOG membership for this reason along with I like to belong to the local chapter as well.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on Good Sam...was a member when I had an RV.....

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have AAA RV Plus and have used it a few times for my bike and I never had an issue. I had my stator blow when I was in MI in 2007 and I got a tow to the dealer...50 miles away. I have found it well worth the money. Also I use the AAA offices for maps and other stuff.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Before anyone goes out an buys a Good Sam membership, I would do a search online to get other opinions. I would NEVER use them but I also would never use AAA. And yes, I've had both in the past.

I don't think there is any one "club" that is going to help every person in every situation. I have to assume AAA is going to help most of the peopole, most of the time. But all it takes is that one time they can't and that person isn't going to be happy.

As I said above, before you buy anything, just do some research online from OTHER CUSTOMERS, not from the company who is offering the service. Do you think they would ever say anything negative about themselves?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 PM
sctusa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by frankjake
Before anyone goes out an buys a Good Sam membership, I would do a search online to get other opinions. I would NEVER use them but I also would never use AAA. And yes, I've had both in the past.

I don't think there is any one "club" that is going to help every person in every situation. I have to assume AAA is going to help most of the peopole, most of the time. But all it takes is that one time they can't and that person isn't going to be happy.

As I said above, before you buy anything, just do some research online from OTHER CUSTOMERS, not from the company who is offering the service. Do you think they would ever say anything negative about themselves?
Care to elaborate a little there Frank?
I have used them for several years with great results...
In my opinion AAA doesn't even come close to the value you get with Good Sams and I had AAA before dropping it...
Perhaps I am not one of those "other customers"...
Personally I could care less, who or if at all, what someone uses for anything...
I was asked and I gave my OPINION!

Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
2WHEELINTRUCKER
Intermediate
Thumbs down

I had AAA on all my personal vehicles for a number of years and on the first ocasion I had to use it I had ran out of fuel in my diesel pickup (Brain Fart!!) and I was told in no uncertain terms that they would not bring any diesel fuel to me.
When I asked what the difference was between gasoline and diesel they told me it was just their policy.

I cancelled the next day....

Old 01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And nobody has ever got the nasty gram from AAA for having their car jumped twice in one week? I did and it was 2 different vehicles. However, to read the letter you would have thought it was the same vehicle and it was suggested I get it fixed.... Is there a limited number of responses or something???

Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crapshooter, I do think on there regular plan that they will only come to your aid 3 times a year for free.

Quick Reply: Aaa