General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think about flashing brake modules?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
Default What do you guys think about flashing brake modules?

I purchased and installed the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake controller a few weeks ago. I used the optional flasher which makes the brake light flash a few times when first applied.

My issue is that now I seem to be too conscientious when using the brakes because I don't want the lights to continually flash when I'm in traffic. I could see how that could be annoying to the peson behind me. Especially when stopped (or moving very slowly) I sometimes fidget with the brakes, applying and releasing.

So I'm trying to decide whether or not to continue to use the flashing option. My commute is purely urban driving with traffic. Given my situation and concern, would you continue using the flash module, or just stick with the run-turn-brake without the flashing?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Grind
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want the lights to continually flash when I'm in traffic. I could see how that could be annoying to the peson behind me.
If you're annoying the person behind you, wouldn't that make them even more aware of you?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy's got this on his Street Glide. I'm behind him frequently, and the flashing brake light does get my attention, but I'm not "annoyed" by it.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:28 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i seen them once and what to install the hyperlites on my scoot soon.. makeing them aware ure there is better then them talking on their cell while ure stoped and u not annoying them..

Old 01-21-2009, 01:30 PM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always notice a flashing brakelight. Regardless of how I feel about them, I see them and I know what they mean. I don't believe that everyone always sees my brake lights on my Nightster. Unless you're on an incline, are you really going to sit there with your brake squeezed in the whole time you're at a light? I normally let go of it unless I think I'm going to start rolling. I think you can get them where they only flash a few times when you start to brake and then stay solid. From a safety aspect, they are great. I don't like them, but I support anyone who has them.

Modulating Headlights is another story, those give me a headache when I see them approaching.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one and it's great, on my Sportster I got in the habit of always flashing my brake lights now I don't have to, would not even consider turning it off.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
rexel
Advanced

Who cares if you annoy them, as long as they see you! With all the crap I have wedged under my seat I don’t have room for one otherwise I probably would install one.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I have the Panacea system but I don't use the pulsing brake light feature. When I did some of my buddies told me the pulsing confused them when I hit the brakes while using the blinkers for turns.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would have to help ya be seen. I like.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Better to be seen than run over!!!

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about flashing brake modules?