General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think about flashing brake modules?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on both my bikes. Haven't been hit yet so it must work. I don't see why you'd think it'd annoy anyone. Only blinks for a few seconds. Heck I reapply it several times until I'm sure they're stopping behind me.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:41 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You're missing the whole point of the flashing lights....you WANT other peolple to notice them AND YOU. I have the Kury Panacea tail light system and love the flashing lights. I've had people pull up next to me at lights and tell me somethings wrong with my brake light because it keeps flashing.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Have them, love them, wouldn't run without them. They do get drivers attention and that's the whole idea.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Airpump
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bamorris2
I purchased and installed the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake controller a few weeks ago. I used the optional flasher which makes the brake light flash a few times when first applied.

My issue is that now I seem to be too conscientious when using the brakes because I don't want the lights to continually flash when I'm in traffic. I could see how that could be annoying to the peson behind me. Especially when stopped (or moving very slowly) I sometimes fidget with the brakes, applying and releasing.

So I'm trying to decide whether or not to continue to use the flashing option. My commute is purely urban driving with traffic. Given my situation and concern, would you continue using the flash module, or just stick with the run-turn-brake without the flashing?

What ever it takes to keep some fool who is scratching his ***, carrying on a conversation on his cell, screaming with his old lady, smacking his kids, and on and on, from running over me.

I could care less if he has a problem with my lights for a few seconds just as long as he sees them.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd put a neon sign on my back if it kept me from getting run over by some of these fools that don't pay attention! Keep the flashers on!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very easy key to safety see and be seen they work

Old 01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish mine did that, saw a guy taken out from behind and the kid kept saying I did not see his brake light. I am a big believer of the flashing brake lights the more attention you bring to yourself the better you are.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
stillwater
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they're a good idea. I don't have one - yet, but I do tap my brakes when slowing or stopping just to be more obvious to anyone following.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:28 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use the flash...period.
Also, if you haven't already, you should add a headlight modulator to increase your visibility to those in front of you.

Increasing visibility...GOOD!!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Headlight and tail light modulators are next on my list. I will probably order them next week.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about flashing brake modules?