General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for all

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrunningfatboy
new to forums but not to the life, have a question to the users here. We hold and ride in lots of functions to help other people and groups; charities, toy runs, blood runs, etc. how many if any here has bothered to check these groups to see if they support us? are they on our side on helmet, insurance, discrimination, etc, issues? if not why not, they take our money and time, are they using it against us? do you belong to your state ABATE, COC, biker down group, etc? if not why not? these people work for us but most people never bother. well.........
What you want is politics not charity.

I would not want any part of that.

I give because that is the right thing to do NOT WHAT I AM GOING TO GET IN RETURN.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey,,, looks like good timmin here....
For sale , Raffle tickets, to benifit local charity....
$5 each......
PM me

Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The local H.O.G. chapter I'm does quite a bit for the community and I give through them

Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

I asked the question because an event some of my bros and I were going to was found to support issues directly in contrast to our freedom to ride.
I believe we all support what we think we should...... but one man's "rights" are another man's "privilages" People are on both sides of every issue, and we should each follow our beliefs. I'm a member of AMA, as well as MRF, but I don't speak for them, nor do they speak for me.

There are issues I agree with, and there are issues I disagree with. No one person, or group speaks for EVERY motorcyclist.

I don't vote for or against because of any one issue, either

regards

Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
roadrunningfatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leicafish
What you want is politics not charity.

I would not want any part of that.

I give because that is the right thing to do NOT WHAT I AM GOING TO GET IN RETURN.
so giving money to groups who use it to lobby for noise ordances that only pertain to bikes, health insurance companies who disallow coverage because you got hurt while you are on your bike, national helmet laws, ban against bikes in certain parts of town, on and on is of no concern to you, how nice for you.....This is a site about bikes, when you ride you deal with issues that you don't in a car..I guess the big topic here is new chrome and putting bling on your bikes.....sad very sad

Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
If I feel a cause is worthy I will donate to it. I don't care about their politics or if they support something I believe in. Some go through life expecting something in return for what they do and that's fine. I'm not saying anyone else should feel as I do but the question was asked so I answered.
I agree. I'm more interested in the money actually getting to the end user. I go on the Great Teddy bear Ride each year, This ride benefits a shelter for abused children and the greatest part of the donated money actually gets to those children's needs. The only thing I would ever ask in return in knowing it helped those kids. I do the Toys For Tots run for the same reason. If they put the money where it was intendd to go they shouldn't have enough money to enter into political dealings about motorcycles.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I support Toys for Tots, events for our troops and that's about it. I don't let politics of others bother me unless they are forcing them on me. As far as joining most of the groups like ABATE, I watch out for me and those I'm close with. I do what I feel is needed.

****'em all but six, you need them for paul bearers.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
chambeaux1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me get this right...You believe in only giving to those that can do something for you? That's not giving, that's trading. Listen Blagojevich, I give without expecting anything in return.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

so giving money to groups who use it to lobby for noise ordances that only pertain to bikes, health insurance companies who disallow coverage because you got hurt while you are on your bike, national helmet laws, ban against bikes in certain parts of town, on and on is of no concern to you, how nice for you.....This is a site about bikes, when you ride you deal with issues that you don't in a car..I guess the big topic here is new chrome and putting bling on your bikes.....sad very sad
I have very little issue with the things you bring up. I'm not really for or against helmet laws since I choose to always wear one but I also see the point that the government shouldn't be forcing us to do most things, as far as banning bikes in a certain part of town that is probably a part of town I don't want to be a part of anyway. Noise ordinances are rarley a problem unless you ride like an ******* making as much noise as possible, yes, yes, we all know you have nice pipes on your bike you don't have to rev it up every chance you get.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

There are forums here that deal with any and all... maybe you need to post in the forum your looking for answers in!

Quick Reply: question for all