Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel pack any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
scubadnv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good pack

I have used Dowco and T bags and did not like either. I recently took a 5.5k trip to the east coast and used an Ameritex sissybar pack and it worked fantastically. It is fairly rigid and very weather proof as we rode for 700 miles it the rain and nothing got wet. They are not leather but are a vinal that looks just like leather and are reasonably priced. Best I could find without investing a fortune.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain

T-Bags was my choice, kinda spendy but worth it, did some serious traveling cross country last year and have no regrets buying them.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
bdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 99_percenter
I have the Nelson Rigg GWS 500 and love it.

Google Nelson-Rigg CTB-350 Day Runner

Also search for Nelson-Rigg MOTORCYCLE RIGGPAKS

here's just a quick pic of the ctb 350

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-lugg...day-runner.htm

99%r
Hey thanks, thats good looking bag for the money also.. Do you see any reason why I can't sit this or any bag on the passenger seat? I usaually run without bit I thought I would put it on just incase one of the guy's needs a ride due to a breakdown, so with that being on there I thought I would just sit the bag there instead of buying a back rail.
Thanks,
BDR

Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
bdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 07deluxe
T-Bags was my choice, kinda spendy but worth it, did some serious traveling cross country last year and have no regrets buying them.
Great looking bike, I noticed the foam mat as a back rest.. I will have to do something like that also, I have a seat with backrest but it doesn't hit the spot i need so a little modification will have to happen.
That bag is huge, did you feel any drag as you got up to hwy speed?

BDR

Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
bdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scubadnv
I have used Dowco and T bags and did not like either. I recently took a 5.5k trip to the east coast and used an Ameritex sissybar pack and it worked fantastically. It is fairly rigid and very weather proof as we rode for 700 miles it the rain and nothing got wet. They are not leather but are a vinal that looks just like leather and are reasonably priced. Best I could find without investing a fortune.
Thanks Scuba,
I checked them out and look good, especailly the price.. I'll be looking around for awhile, trouble up here is not many shops so allot is done online and I like to kick the tires so buying online is tough for me unless I have seen the product somewhere.
Thanks again,
BDR

Old 01-27-2009, 11:35 AM
07deluxe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bdr
Great looking bike, I noticed the foam mat as a back rest.. I will have to do something like that also, I have a seat with backrest but it doesn't hit the spot i need so a little modification will have to happen.
That bag is huge, did you feel any drag as you got up to hwy speed?

BDR
No drag! My setup looks huge in that pic, I have my helmet and leather jacket. plus another roll sitting up on top of my t-bags.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:51 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Travel pack any ideas?-373460-r1-18-17a_019-1.jpg
Check out this bag I have from Kuyrakin (I think I spelled that wrong) it has a built in adjustable lumbar pad (removable) comes with a pad that goes under your seat to tie it down to, it also comes with straps to tie it to a sissy bar / luggage rack and a rain fly. It will hold enough stuff for a three or four day trip easy depending on how you pack. Well worth the money, and it’s not priced too bad!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

TBags hands down. Check out ebay for a better price.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Dowco Iron Rider set. They may be a little heavier construction than the others, but they can also take every bit of abuse I can throw at them

Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 61 Posts

I like to keep it simple... for many years I have been using a $15 nylon duffle bag I got at Sonny's Surplus. Bungee it on the seat or luggage rack... if calling for bad weather I put a black plastic garbage bag over it. works great and cheap. layer a couple cargo nets over it and I can strap anything else on there like jacket, helmet, etc. that I might shed during a ride.

it worked so well I went back and got a smaller size for overnighters and such...

I have no need to go spend hundreds on luggage...

Quick Reply: Travel pack any ideas?