General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dang, got sunburned riding today

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that's the kind of riders Joe and I are. On days like these we fight the sun glare, mid 80's temperatures, maybe even some wind. It takes a tough breed, but we're up to it...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
cap5369
Road Master

+1 on the BITE ME still waiting for it to get out of the 20's. Right now it is 23. Ride safe and Ride a few miles for all of us.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Schumacher - Please see what you can do to block all posts from south of the Mason-Dixon Line. At least until mid-April.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
ranman469
Road Master

i just hate that its below 50 in the morning. thats to cold to ride to work.
i may tough it out and ride in the morning.
the ride home will be in the high 70`s

yep here in az winter is a bitzh!!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
RandyS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got frost bite on my sled the other day!

Attached Thumbnails Dang, got sunburned riding today-jan-2009.jpg  
Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM
meadmakerman
Novice
Default No riding in Wisconsin today

But here's a pic of me a littlie sunburned after a long day in the saddle back in September (can we say racoon eyes?)

Attached Thumbnails Dang, got sunburned riding today-img00010.jpg  
Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

Yes life here in the desert is good for year around riding. And I don't mean to rain on your parade but... Back in 1998, after 30 years of that great year around riding, I was disgnosed with a malignant melanoma. That is the most deadly form of cancer.

During my yearly physical, something some of us old farts do, the doctor spotted something on my back and set me up with an oncologist to inspect it closer. The oncologist took a sample of the tissue from my back and told me to come in the following week to get the results.

The next evening the oncologist's office called me on the phone and told me to come in the next morning. As that was on a Saturday, I suspected it was something serious. The next day while I was face down on a table I heard him tell his assistant "Cut him deep. REAL DEEP". According to my father, who was sitting there watching, the doctor cut about a fist sized tumor out of my back.

And Joe had a good idea, wear sunblock. An oncologist told me to also wear a 'big floppy hat'. Living, and riding, in the desert is nice. But there are some pitfalls out here. And it does get hot here in the summer, but summer night rides are GREAT.

Ron

Old 01-20-2009, 09:52 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
Yes life here in the desert is good for year around riding. And I don't mean to rain on your parade but... Back in 1998, after 30 years of that great year around riding, I was disgnosed with a malignant melanoma. That is the most deadly form of cancer.

During my yearly physical, something some of us old farts do, the doctor spotted something on my back and set me up with an oncologist to inspect it closer. The oncologist took a sample of the tissue from my back and told me to come in the following week to get the results.

The next evening the oncologist's office called me on the phone and told me to come in the next morning. As that was on a Saturday, I suspected it was something serious. The next day while I was face down on a table I heard him tell his assistant "Cut him deep. REAL DEEP". According to my father, who was sitting there watching, the doctor cut about a fist sized tumor out of my back.

And Joe had a good idea, wear sunblock. An oncologist told me to also wear a 'big floppy hat'. Living, and riding, in the desert is nice. But there are some pitfalls out here. And it does get hot here in the summer, but summer night rides are GREAT.

Ron

Glad to still have you around - I'll bet each mile after that day has been just a little bit sweeter. God Bless.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are one cold hearted sumb!tch--that just ain't right! (jealous as he!!)

Old 01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DMas
Please take this in the spirit intended... BITE ME!! 16 degrees ice, salt and snow on the road...
+1 on the spirit in which this intended. BITE ME TOO!!! Montana winter is here, and I've got solid ice for 1/4 mile to the paved road. Couldn't ride if the sun did ever shine. And it hasn't for about 2 solid weeks. Glad somebody is getting some riding in. Be careful out there. Don't you know it's winter, and cages don't pay much attention for scooters during this time of year?

Quick Reply: Dang, got sunburned riding today