General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else noticed this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009 | 07:20 AM
soundman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
Guys like you are few and far between. Find no pleasure at all riding in the rain, why would you? for that matter, anyone. Cold is fine, can always wear a ski mask. After all, i am NORTH of the border. Thats all we get here is rain and freezing cold temp. Makes me wonder some times why i even have a bike. Only insure 6 mon. out of the year. Enjoy your ride in the rain SOUNDMAN, see you when you get back.
I don't usually ride in the rain, but I don't leave the bike at home if there's just a chance of rain. I try to avoid rain in the winter, but in the summer it doesn't bother me too much. Just a pain to clean the bike back up. I ride a lot, so I'm bound to get caught in the rain from time to time.

Old 01-20-2009 | 07:32 AM
schumacher
Club Member

I have both, and I wear both. Like mentioned above, if there's a good chance of rain, I'll wear the full.
I think a lot of people think they'll be looked at as "less manly" if they are seen on a Harley with a full face.
These are the same people asking thier wives if thier jeans make them look fat.

Old 01-20-2009 | 07:47 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
I have both, and I wear both. Like mentioned above, if there's a good chance of rain, I'll wear the full.
I think a lot of people think they'll be looked at as "less manly" if they are seen on a Harley with a full face.
These are the same people asking thier wives if thier jeans make them look fat.
Well, do they?????

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:18 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

I wear a full face all the time. I've got scars on my back and a big chunk of meat gone from my leg but i'm planning on staying pretty and full face is the only way to get that effect.

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:19 AM
jason628
Road Warrior

Greetings,

Humm...When I ride I wear a full face helmet!

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:26 AM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

me and my x girlfriend we rode with no helmet, but since she was petite 5ft2 110lbs she would pull up her g-string on her hip im sure a lot of other men were drooling

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:37 AM
valve wrench
Novice

To and from work I wear a full face. If I don't have at least one encounter with an animal running out in front of me every ride I feel like I'm not looking close enough. Oh and I also wear a backpack. I could be a metric rider trapped in a Harley rider's body.

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:51 AM
BERRYP
Tourer

I wear a 3/4 when the temp gets below 30 deg. But most of the time a 1/2 helmet ans at times none. Nobody is right or wrong were all just different!!

Old 01-20-2009 | 09:12 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Talking

Gee. Nobody told me I couldn't have a full face helmet while I ride. I've got one of the really dreaded ones...a Shoei X-11. I couldn't care less what anyones opinion of me in a helmet is. I ride what, how, and when I want. Years ago I hit a car and went sliding on the front part of the Bell full face I was wearing. The road sheared through a part of it but left my jaw intact. Then I hit the curb (I was told it was the curb) so hard that it cracked the helmet, but not my head. When it's hot I wear a half helmet, a H-D carbon. That's okay, isn't it?..... a 3/4 for cool weather...and the full face for the cold stuff.

If I've violated some "Biker Dress Code" I plead ignorance. There has never been anything referenced in any of the manuals I received with the bikes. Maybe I should watch SOA? Would this get me on the right track?

Old 01-20-2009 | 09:18 AM
MattInFla
Road Master

I wear a full-face helmet. I also wear full gear and an ugly hi-visibility vest over the riding jacket.

If that makes me less "cool" to some, I can live with it. I'm out enjoying the ride, not looking for adoration.

Matt

Quick Reply: Anybody else noticed this?