Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vest extenders for buton up vests?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
Actually one of the main reasons for wearing the 'extenders' on vests is to make them more comfortable in the hotter summer months.

If you are wearing a leather vest (with MC back patch or whatever) you get very warm in hot weather if they are snapped closed. If you leave them open in the front they flap around in the wind.

The extenders allow them to open a few inches in the front, depending on the extender length, and this allows air to circulate inside. The vest is still held together so it doesn't flap around, but that air circulating between your body and the vest makes a world of difference.
Another reason is that you get 1 set of colors. Your cut has to fit over you during the summer, and fit over you, your long handles, your shirt, your extra shirt, your jacket liner, and your leather jacket during the winter.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:50 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Another reason is that you get 1 set of colors. Your cut has to fit over you during the summer, and fit over you, your long handles, your shirt, your extra shirt, your jacket liner, and your leather jacket during the winter.
Yep....

But normally in the winter it's a 'down time' for working on bikes, so there aren't that many mandatory runs in which you would be required to wear a vest with patch/colors...

You are right though... On those times when it is cold out and you are riding the vest does have to fit over your leather jacket, sweater, long johns or whatever else you happen to be wearing....

All I can say is; "winter sucks"....

Old 02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
alexcue
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, that's just wrong. That pic just hurts. No bike should be tortured like that!

AS for the extenders, i use them for that exact same purpose, so that i can get them around my winter jacket. If i get a vest that fits over my winter getup, then i look goofy as hell when i just wear the vest alone inside! LOL

Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Jambon1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.legendaryusa.com/Denim_Ve...ir_p/ve119.htm

This is the only one I've seen for Buttons.