General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Superiority?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 PM
neonhomer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have experienced this myself... went to a local Honda dealer to pick up a couple of parts for my 86 Magna VF700. When I walked in the door, I overheard a salesman say to another guy "Finally got smart and decided to ditch the Harley I guess..."

Nevermind the fact that I didn't even look in the direction of the other bikes, just headed back to the parts counter. I don't really care for this dealer, but they had my part in stock. My "usual" Honda dealer I get parts from doesn't care what you ride, but that you ride period.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mentioned before on this forum that I've had many different brands of bikes. I have never had any trouble with a "Harley rider" when riding a metric bike. It's really just a shame that more people can't just enjoy riding, no matter what they are riding.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

anybody slams on h-d and there the ones that ride metric my 14 inch boot will go in there azz

Old 01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

i was at a gas station this weekend corner of hwy 44 and tomoka farms road in volusia county.i needed some food so there is guy pulls up on a new yammy warriror dressed in chaps looking cool. im eating my food and im watching him checking out my bike real hard. i walk out to leave it ask me what year i caid 2008 flhx street glide. his words were i cant afford a harley.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by titusvilleharley
anybody slams on h-d and there the ones that ride metric my 14 inch boot will go in there azz
Why? There are any number of things a Harley could be bashed (slammed) for and most of them are very likely true. Fit and finish aren't one of them though. Have you ever acknowledged that fact the other rider may have a sweet ride too?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I don't get into the fray of who rides what and why, I think it's kinda good that there is that little attitude from either side of the fence. It keeps the genetics separated. I rode "Jap" bikes and liked them but now I have the HD because I wanted it and could arrange to get it! Anyway, the differences are good...think about if NASCAR went to one body style for all the cars...where would the rivalry between Ford, Chevy, Dodge be? That's part of the whole reason for their existence. Choices are good!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I will never understand WHY it makes any difference what brand another person rides, but it sure as h3ll does!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
CrashX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tallboy56
Anyway, the differences are good...think about if NASCAR went to one body style for all the cars...where would the rivalry between Ford, Chevy, Dodge be? That's part of the whole reason for their existence. Choices are good!
Don't know if you've missed the last few seasons but....

Seems the only way you can tell the Chevy from the Dodge or the Ford is the Chevy usually finishes first.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake
I have never had any trouble with a "Harley rider" when riding a metric bike.
And most metric riders never will have problems with the "Harley Rider". I have had too many conversations with metric riders (not knowing what they rode at the time) and when I ask what they ride and then they tell me apologetically "A Honda, Kaw, Yami, Suzuki, etc. I even had a guy tell me that he did not have a real bike. WTF????

I think that many of these riders make the mistake thinking that we really give a chit what they ride just because we ride a Harley, when in all actuality, we could care less.

Ride what you like and can afford, period. Two wheels is two wheels, unless your riding a Harley of course. We all know that Harley is the only "real" motorcycle.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ride often with who ever you can.

I rode with a guy who was on a crotch rocket for about 10 miles.(two seperate bikes you perverts) He turned off and we gave the wave. Saw him two or three weeks later at a WaWa (Deli/Store) and saw for the first time that he had a prostectic leg. I would have looked like quiet a dick to just pre-judge this rider. Now I look back at our 10 mile ride with pride and a little humility.

Quick Reply: Harley Superiority?