General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Superiority?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

This post reminds me of my ride yesterday. I'm by myself riding through historic downtown Titusville. Up come about 10 sport bikes. Waves and head nods from everyone as they passed.

Felt good.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Lardog666
SO I don't think that Harleys are better per se... (okay so I do.. but thats not important right now) it's that Harley is the oldest fish in the pond, therefore the biggest.
Triumph started making motorcycles 1 year before Harley Davidson. Look it up.

TRIUMPH HERITAGE
Since 1902, Triumph has been producing distinctive motorcycles celebrated for their style and engineering.
Through the Fifties and Sixties, names such as Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando cemented the Triumph legend, while numerous land speed records and race track successes gave bikes like the Thunderbird, Bonneville, Tiger and Trident iconic status.
In 1991, the new Triumph company emerged. Remaining true to the heritage, Triumph was reborn combining the very latest design and manufacturing facilities with the character and design flair that has always been associated with the famous swooping badge.
As Triumph continues to build upon the richest heritage in the motorcycle industry, modern bikes like the Speed Triple, Rocket III and Daytona 675 will stand proudly alongside their predecessors when the history books are written.

Last edited by KBFXDLI; 01-16-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
You guys realize this post is 3 years old?
Yeah, and Harleys are even more superior.

I'll ride with anyone, talk to anyone, and wave to anyone...even bada$$ ****** on mopeds. Us hard core bikers gotta stick together.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 PM
kermit_wisconsin
Advanced

Supperior to what? Craftsmanship? Its a 45 degree v-twin that, for what it is is pretty successful... considering it is a single pin 45 degree angled, air cooled v-twin...
I bought the harley because I wanted a harley. I love bikes. In-line fours, opposed twins and fours and sixes, yamahas, hondas, beemers, sport, sport touring, harley wannabe big name japanese bikes, euro bikes... who cares. They are fun and for the most part will destroy the ccommon man's harley in reliability, performance and handling.
Why do we really ride harleys? Is it how it sounds, how it feels, the history, the relationships, the ladies...? It sure as hell isn't the torque and horsepower. If it was top speed we all loved, we'd all have hayabusas or kawi zx14s, or honda cbr1000 repsols... if it was torque we'd all be on honda vtx 1800s or yamaha vmax 1200s or 1700s. If it was comfort, handling, reliability or just a combination of all of the above we would be on beemers, triumphs, etc.
And if we looked at touring over all... I don't even have to say it; goldwing.
We have our reasons for wanting a harley. I have mine and it sure as hell isn't for looks, bragging rights, performance, handling, or to make some other douche bag be my friend. Haha. I wanted one when I was a kid because to me that was every motorcycle. I thought they were the coolest, baddest, most impressive things ever put on the road. And then I rode one... finally... after years of riding everything else. And I didn't even care that in almost every way practicality wise, it didn't even compare to some of the bikes I've been on. It just did something to me. It grabbed me and it held on. I love these tractors disguised as motorcycles and its all I'll ever own. And I don't give a rats booty what other make owners think or what other harley owners think. And I don't own anything else at all with the Harley Davidson logo or name on it.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Jap stores up here in Tacoma look at me funny when I walk in to browse their line in full leathers.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow. The never ending thread.

Okay, I'll contribute again. Right after I got my bike, a co-worker really started ******* me for getting a Harley. He owns a VTX 1300. I say own, because he rarely rides it. Doesn't even have an M endorsement. And he's always bragging about how he takes it down to some gravel intersection and "cuts donuts" on it.

My usual retort to his bashing has been something along the lines of, "at least I'm riding mine", or "dust that POS off and lets see who outruns who". He never does though. He just kept mouthing off. It got so bad and I finally had a little talk with him about relocating his teeth.

He settled down quite a bit after that and the other day asked me what could be causing the problem of his bike stalling every time he stops. I told him I had no idea, that my Harley runs just fine and that maybe he needs to tow it to the Honda dealership.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:09 AM
roadkil1995
Cruiser

Ive ridden roads like that on my EG Limited.whats the big deal?

s/ii13/CenterlineF4/KTM%20950/ColoradoVacationJuly2008059.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 AM
kmb102
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kermit_wisconsin
Supperior to what? Craftsmanship? Its a 45 degree v-twin that, for what it is is pretty successful... considering it is a single pin 45 degree angled, air cooled v-twin...
I bought the harley because I wanted a harley. I love bikes. In-line fours, opposed twins and fours and sixes, yamahas, hondas, beemers, sport, sport touring, harley wannabe big name japanese bikes, euro bikes... who cares. They are fun and for the most part will destroy the ccommon man's harley in reliability, performance and handling.
Why do we really ride harleys? Is it how it sounds, how it feels, the history, the relationships, the ladies...? It sure as hell isn't the torque and horsepower. If it was top speed we all loved, we'd all have hayabusas or kawi zx14s, or honda cbr1000 repsols... if it was torque we'd all be on honda vtx 1800s or yamaha vmax 1200s or 1700s. If it was comfort, handling, reliability or just a combination of all of the above we would be on beemers, triumphs, etc.
And if we looked at touring over all... I don't even have to say it; goldwing.
We have our reasons for wanting a harley. I have mine and it sure as hell isn't for looks, bragging rights, performance, handling, or to make some other douche bag be my friend. Haha. I wanted one when I was a kid because to me that was every motorcycle. I thought they were the coolest, baddest, most impressive things ever put on the road. And then I rode one... finally... after years of riding everything else. And I didn't even care that in almost every way practicality wise, it didn't even compare to some of the bikes I've been on. It just did something to me. It grabbed me and it held on. I love these tractors disguised as motorcycles and its all I'll ever own. And I don't give a rats booty what other make owners think or what other harley owners think. And I don't own anything else at all with the Harley Davidson logo or name on it.
That is funny, years ago I teased my buddy about riding a tractor and when I bought my Roadstar and put a set of pipes on it, His response was hey Budha dont try to make that Kubota sound like a John Deer. anyway we have a good time jabbin each other.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 PM
dbrown5
Cruiser

if it aint harley.... it aint sh*t!! lol
ill wave to anyone on a bike! well.... not cockrockets! the name HARLEY says it all to me. i dont look down on other bikes but i wanted the best and most sick sounding bike so i got a harley! the other bikes may have one thing better than but its still not a harley!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense to other bikes intended.........................but.............. ..............Harley's freakin' rock!!!!!