General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Superiority?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:53 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ButtMan1000
What I don't get is the bias towards the V-Rod by traditional Harley riders.

The disdain "Bikers" show riders of the Rod is incomprehensible to me,

My Son-in-law was always a fanatic of the Rod and was a loyal Harley fan until he finally bought a used V-Rod. The way he was treated by traditional Harley bike owners was so pathetic he will no longer wear a Harley t-shirt. His fellow V-Rod Forum buddies feel the same way.

The whole concept of Superiority is ridiculous. If you can afford a specific bike great, but the idea is to ride. We are a different breed in the fact that we have the guts to go a different route from the norm.

"Ooh, a bike is so dangerous" is a comment for the wimps of the world, not us.

Just ride,
Hah, you think it's bad with a V-rod, try owning a Sportster. I've had 3 of them and still here about it from the BT folks. That's OK though, owning a sportbike has taught me what the rest of that side of the riding world thinks about Harleys or cruisers in general, which is not pretty at all. Take this one step further with the likes of a custom or chopper and it really gets nasty because they are literally viewed as a real POS. Here's an example and it's from a t-shirt. Can ya feel the love????

Attached Thumbnails Harley Superiority?-chopthis.o.jpg  
Old 01-25-2009, 03:11 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

doesn't matter what you ride. Someone will have a beef about it
and have to tell you what a great bike they USED to ride....which was
allot better than whatever bike you happen to be on.
I just got back from Vero Beach FL and had a guy stop next to me at a
stop light on one of those chinese 50cc scooters.
He looked at me and said "Nice day for a ride!" Sunny. 70 degrees. Yup. It was.

Chuck

Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Zenmervolt
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
It might not be everyones cup of tea, but it looks like a lot of attention to detail went into the K-9.
With a base price of $28,900 they damn well better have put a lot of attention to detail into it.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Zenmervolt
With a base price of $28,900 they damn well better have put a lot of attention to detail into it.
Yeah and that's before you get the wheels, tars and handlebars....

Old 01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

We were in Arkansas a couple of years ago, my wife on her Deluxe, me on the RK, a friend and his wife on a Victory. The Victory got all the attention. 'splain that?
cause the victory is so relatively unknown that most people don't know what it is. unless it was the new arlen ness bagger one, that thing is damn fugly..... looks like a scooter on steroids. that could explain it as well.

Last edited by skratch; 01-25-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skratch
[quote
We were in Arkansas a couple of years ago, my wife on her Deluxe, me on the RK, a friend and his wife on a Victory. The Victory got all the attention. 'splain that?
cause the victory is so relatively unknown that most people don't know what it is. unless it was the new arlen ness bagger one, that thing is damn fugly..... looks like a scooter on steroids. that could explain it as well.[/quote]

You're right, they don't know what it is and often ask if it's a Harley because of this. Victory is building some awesome looking machines at a price point that mimics Harley. They're flashy eye catching machines and their color schemes could teach Harley a few lessons. I will however say that in 2009 Harley seems to have taken the hint....

Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrashX
Don't know if you've missed the last few seasons but....

Seems the only way you can tell the Chevy from the Dodge or the Ford is the Chevy usually finishes first.
Is there really anything chevy, ford or dodge about the cars these days? By the way, 1/2 of the races were won by 2 drivers who were in fords and toyotas...9 for the 99 and 8 for the ***** in the yoda...

Old 01-25-2009, 08:04 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Is there really anything chevy, ford or dodge about the cars these days? By the way, 1/2 of the races were won by 2 drivers who were in fords and toyotas...9 for the 99 and 8 for the ***** in the yoda...
Yeah right, I never remember Chevy, Dodge or Toyota doing so much damage to a world event the governing body had to cheat and change the rules to keep them from winning. They sure did it to Ford though. Of coarse this was after Ford had kicked the living crap out of Ferrari in 4 straight years.....

Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM
BHogger
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Screw it, Let's Ride !

Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Harley, New York Yankees & Ford Trucks are just some examples of things that people feel they need to go out of their way to give an opinion on. Chevy drivers have a need to tell you they think their truck is better, everybody needs to tell me how much they hate the yankees (New Yorker living in California)...it's the same with the jap **** owners. They have such a complex about their bikes that they would rather tell you whats wrong with HD then what's good about their ****...most of the time if they had the extra 5 or 6 grand they too would be on a Harley...
+1 These Idiots on jap crap have their priorities all screwed up! They would rather have things like "decent brakes", "good suspension", and a "motor you can't fry bacon on".

Pffft. Give me worthless chrome bolt covers and dress me in the "I'm an idividual" uniform...you know the one. Live to pose, Pose to live!

Quick Reply: Harley Superiority?