General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great experience at Rocky Mount HD when we bought our new Ultra Classic yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
I have to second what Rhonda said about Rocky Mount. They went out of their way to assure I got my TriGlide after our local dealer took my deposit knowing they had already sold their quota. Plus one of those was for his wife!!! And she doesn't ride (yet). So wife before customer..ummm.

At any rate the sales manager Brock kept me informed every step of the way. He even called York,Pa and had them call him on the day it was built and then he called us. I didn't play the match game the day I picked it up, I played in store poker run. I won enough money to buy my bumper! They were giving away a bike the day we were there and along with that we got a full course meal!!! The place was packed because of the bike giveaway but we were treated like royalty. Yep....will go back for sure and highly recommend them.
Also, there is a surplus Harley shop next door that is open Thurs-Sat. Great bargains. Then on the other side is that neat diner. OH, my picture says George and Joanne.....don't be fooled, it should say Joanne...LOL! But he did pay for it. Hubby has an Ultra Classic. Same color.
Oh Joanne, I forgot to mention Brock in my original post so I just edited it and added him because he was also one of the fine people that helped us and treated us so grandly!! I'm so glad you mentioned him. I also talked with him on the phone once.

Like they did with you, they went out of their way for us. We had been on the prowl for a Vivid Black Ultra. No other color would do for my husband, though I loved other colors as well. But his heart was set on it so it was fine by me since I also love the black. All the other dealers told us they didn't have one in stock and that one would be in later in the month, or the next month or even March. Rocky Mount said they didn't have one in stock but would guarantee they would find one and get it in only a few days and they DID!!! They got our bike all the way from VA, put the security on it like what we wanted and everything. So they went above and beyond!!

If it had been earlier when we left (it was almost closing time, dark, and freezing out at 7pm) we would have checked out the HD parts place next door, but we DID check out that fine diner!! The whole thing was a memory we will have forever, even when we're old and gray.

Gosh....have I told you in the last few hours again how much I love your Tri-Glide? Wow!!

I'm glad you were treated so well also. I have a great feeling everyone is treated just like we were!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Keith E.
Advanced

Rhonda congrats on the new ride. Huge +1 on the folks at RMHD. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer group of people at one place. They're like that even b4 you buy a bike.

Keith

Old 01-18-2009, 05:04 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rhonda,

Congrats and no suprised to hear RMHD treated you well. While I do most of my business in NC with Sheltons(Goldsboro) and enjoy the experience, I have also done some business with RPHD, J&E and RMHD over the years, not alot but some. RMHD parts guy "Scott" now works at J&E's where he started before going over to RMHD.

Also I really like you and MR. Rhonda's motor home and bike hauling set up. Me and the wife were debating which way to go about that when retired. I like the toy haulers that have the lift and a room on the back, eliminating the need to pull a trailer behind the motor home. Of course they are $$$$.

Good luck on your new rig and many happy 2 wheel miles together.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
Rhonda,

Congrats and no suprised to hear RMHD treated you well. While I do most of my business in NC with Sheltons(Goldsboro) and enjoy the experience, I have also done some business with RPHD, J&E and RMHD over the years, not alot but some. RMHD parts guy "Scott" now works at J&E's where he started before going over to RMHD.

Also I really like you and MR. Rhonda's motor home and bike hauling set up. Me and the wife were debating which way to go about that when retired. I like the toy haulers that have the lift and a room on the back, eliminating the need to pull a trailer behind the motor home. Of course they are $$$$.

Good luck on your new rig and many happy 2 wheel miles together.
Thank you very much on our set up. We are very proud of it. We have LOTS of experience with RVs and we evolved to this set up. First in 2002, we bought a 21 ft toyhauler. It was a tag along. It was a Jayco Talon. Had a small living area which transformed into a garage. It was nice, but then we wanted something bigger and nicer. So we got a 36 ft K-Z Sportster 5th wheel toyhauler. It was extremely nice. Then we bought a regular 5th wheel just because. It was also a Jayco. Then we bought a Raptor 5th wheel toyhauler by Keystone. Of course as our campers got bigger and heavier, we kept upgrading our trucks and eventually topped it all out with a diesel dually. Then we got fed up with having a smaller place to live in due to the large garages and decided we would buy a used motorhome. So we found one and it's absolutely beautiful and we love it. It's the keeper and we've had it over 2 years now. We love not having to give up space for a garage. We finally got it right....and it was lots of fun working up to that point.

Everyone has unique needs and there is a multitude of options out there for you when you are ready. Toy haulers are advancing by leaps and bounds. Once in awhile one might appeal to us again, but we have since sold the big giant trucks and now have an Avalanche and we never want to go back to having to buy the big trucks again....though they were nice.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats Rhonda & Husband..

No finer feeling than knowing that you have been well taken care of by a dealer who cares about the customer not the sale.
Enjoy the ultra i cant wait to get miles on my new o8 ultra purchaced 11/28/08

Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats Rhonda on the new bike. Looks like your gonna be comfortable on the back of that. I bought mine there too. I did'nt quite get the same treatment...That's all I'm gonna say on that. Yep...I better leave it at that...But glad you got treated well.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Keith E.
Advanced

Quote "I bought mine there too. I did'nt quite get the same treatment...That's all I'm gonna say on that. Yep...I better leave it at that..." Quote

Bob if you were mistreated you should chat with the owner. I've never had a bad time there and don't think the boss would tolerate anything like that.

A buddy of mine has a business card with the following on it: "If you like what we do tell your friends. If you don't like what we do, please tell me."

Keith

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Thank you very much on our set up. We are very proud of it. We have LOTS of experience with RVs and we evolved to this set up. First in 2002, we bought a 21 ft toyhauler. It was a tag along. It was a Jayco Talon. Had a small living area which transformed into a garage. It was nice, but then we wanted something bigger and nicer. So we got a 36 ft K-Z Sportster 5th wheel toyhauler. It was extremely nice. Then we bought a regular 5th wheel just because. It was also a Jayco. Then we bought a Raptor 5th wheel toyhauler by Keystone. Of course as our campers got bigger and heavier, we kept upgrading our trucks and eventually topped it all out with a diesel dually. Then we got fed up with having a smaller place to live in due to the large garages and decided we would buy a used motorhome. So we found one and it's absolutely beautiful and we love it. It's the keeper and we've had it over 2 years now. We love not having to give up space for a garage. We finally got it right....and it was lots of fun working up to that point.

Forgot about the space a garage would take up on a motor home. Can't some of them convert to living space once the bike is out? Also do you have a home too or just the motor home rolling unit? I ask because we are considering as one of the many options of once retiring selling the home and putting about $100,000+ into a self contained rolling home. Another idea we had was with a unit that holds the motorcycle would allow to tow a cage behind the motor home. Apples and oranges, right,lol.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master

Congrats on your new Harley.

Ride Safe!!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
Forgot about the space a garage would take up on a motor home. Can't some of them convert to living space once the bike is out? Also do you have a home too or just the motor home rolling unit? I ask because we are considering as one of the many options of once retiring selling the home and putting about $100,000+ into a self contained rolling home. Another idea we had was with a unit that holds the motorcycle would allow to tow a cage behind the motor home. Apples and oranges, right,lol.
Yes, lots of the toy haulers do have a garage that converts to a living space. We had one like that with our first toy hauler. Only thing is, when they are like that, the living space is not all that nice. They're ok, but soon we wanted the living space and the garage separate. So, then we had that and it was better. But having the motorhome is SO much better. Only thing is, you cannot take a car and a motorcycle with you unless you have a motorhome that you can put a lift on the back for your bike (and some MHs you can't do that with) or you have a trailer big enough for bike and car and that would be one big trailer. Fortunately, we don't need to take but one or the other with us.

We do own our own home and land and it's paid for and we would never entertain the thought of selling it. I love to travel and may even do travel nursing one day and see the country that way, but I never want to sell my place. But lots of people do sell their homes to buy a motorhome with.