General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Focktard
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trafficjams
Let's keep things in perspective.... Its a rice burner no matter what it "looks" like.
I'll bet your TV and cell phone burn rice too.........

Bike isn't for me, not sure if they are trying to copy a HD but there isn't much flow, not to mention that terrible gap betewwn the front cylinder and gas tank...just doesnt look right.

And that gay little pouch under the headlight, well.....maybe they are trying to copy HD a little.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 AM
chugchug
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride with guys who have harleys' and japanese cruising bikes,the import guys always point out how many 'extras' come standard on the japanese bikes.as if the bells,whistles,extra chrome and lower price somehow make them equal to Harley Davidson.When i point out the japanese copy Harley,the fur flies!! lol!! Harley has pretty much perfected the cruiser style bike.The japanese didnt have to do any homework on the big bikes,Harley already set the high standards,So all that was left for the japanese to do was cover up the american engineering they copied with extra chrome trinkets,saddle bags, and slap a low price on it.Thats not to say japanese bikes are junk i've owned both,they have been good to me,reliable,inexpensive an overall good bike.But it's still a 'copy'

Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Agree looks like more a copy of Victory and Big Dog than a Harley .. To me anyways..

Old 01-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Fred00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marblemania
Never fails how much the "rice burner manufacturers" try to emulate Harley Davidson and what Harley represents. They keep trying and will never understand nor succeed to capture that essence of perfection that Harley has and continues to improve on.
They will ALWAYS be Second Class no matter how hard they try or copy what a Harley Davidson is or what it represents.
Who can blame them for trying? A cruiser is cheap to develop and manufacture and they sell a ****load of them each year. They probably make much more money on the cruisers than they do on any other class of bikes.

Originally Posted by chugchug
The japanese didnt have to do any homework on the big bikes,Harley already set the high standards,So all that was left for the japanese to do was cover up the american engineering they copied with extra chrome trinkets,saddle bags, and slap a low price on it.
All the japanese brands race in some of the highest racing classes: MotoGP, Superbike, one even in F1. It's silly to think they need to copy any engineering when building a cruiser. It's pretty straight forward, low tech stuff.

Last edited by Fred00; 01-17-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
So which Harley is it supposed to be copying. It sure doesn't look like anything Harley has ever built or will build. They had a hard enough time with the Rocker. Nice ride if you are into that sort of thing but to me it looks nothing like a Harley nor does it look like it has copied one.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Seems like most people here fail to understand or appreciate how the competition from Japan is what made Harleys the great bikes they are today.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were looking for that style bike and thinking of a metric again in my life (no chance in He!!), the Star Raider would be a better choice IMO. That thing looks flimsy and thin to me.

Harley copy?..........I don't see it. Kind of Rune meets Moped.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:51 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When is Harley supposed to bring out their Honda copy?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:25 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Surprised? Nah! It was only a matter of time before Honda joined the party. However, they are showing up rather late to the party. Chopper sales hit their peak a few years ago and have been on a decline ever since. Granted Yamaha has the Raider which is their version of a chopper, but I can't understand Honda bringing a new product like the Fury to market now, especially considering the economy.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:32 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
When is Harley supposed to bring out their Honda copy?
I don't know about a Honda copy but lets not forget the Flying Merkel design that Harley did copy.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 161 Posts

c'mon guys if that bike was sittin in a Harley showroom everybody would go take a look at it.,,,

Quick Reply: Honda Davidson