Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Sales People

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley Sales People

Would you buy a bike from a sales person who didn't ride a Harley, but rides a Sport Bike?

Asking because while I was looking at bikes one of the dealerships sales person rode a Busa. Not knocking the bike, but thought it was that the person would be selling HD. Would like to hear what others think.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend's brother sells Harleys and doesn't have a bike. That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he talks like and acts like he's been riding for all his life. He says the stupidest damn things I've ever heard...makes me want to slap his mouth shut. He is the poster child for a "wannabe".

Old 01-15-2009, 06:07 PM
jd8181
Road Captain

i know a couple of people that work at the local harley store that don't ride harleys, says that they can't afford them.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:08 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Personally, never cared much for salespeople in general. They all seem to speak with a forked tongue. I wonder how knowledgeable he was with HD. I would think that for a customer who has never rode or knows much about the brand/bikes this would be extremely helpful not only to the customer but for sales overall.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
sctusa
Road Captain

As long as the deal is right, who cares.....

Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
jagator
Road Master

Originally Posted by confederate
Personally, never cared much for salespeople in general. They all seem to speak with a forked tongue. I wonder how knowledgeable he was with HD. I would think that for a customer who has never rode or knows much about the brand/bikes this would be extremely helpful not only to the customer but for sales overall.
When I asked about the changes in 09 the person had no clue what I was speaking about.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Headed up north and stopped at a watering hole, not to far out of Milwaukee. A guy comes walking in the bar, sits down next to me. We start shooting the breeze, and I come to learn that he works at the Moco in their quality department. I asked something about my scoot, and we went out into the parking lot so he could take a look. He said he had to head home and get something to give me a hand with my problem.......and hops on his BMW telling me he'd be back in 10.....

Walked back into the bar, he shows back up, and we go out into the lot. I made a comment about him riding a Beemer, he said he rode all makes of bikes, then shows me what he rode back to the bar. I took a look at it and scratched my head.....I didn't recognize it at all......

Come to find out the following year, he was riding a V-rod which at the time was not released.

Respects,
Ed

Old 01-15-2009, 06:25 PM
bakerm75
Road Captain

I'm guessing he's a kid, probobly under 28. I hate to say it but croch rockets do get the younger chicks. Hiyabusas are nice when it comes to rice burners.

It wouldn't bother me much.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:28 PM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

the sales guy that came to me when i was looking at buying my street glide was a young kid and i asked him what he rode he said a sport bike. i came back the next day and asked for that kid, they said he was let go.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:30 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

I would care more about them knowing some thing then what they rode or didn't, that's what's important.

Quick Reply: Harley Sales People