General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New Tri-Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife is starting to show interest in a trike. If that is what it takes to get her riding then it will be worth it.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

I always dug the trikes. The stripped down ones, that is.

Without the trunk, rear fenders, ect...

Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
I always dug the trikes. The stripped down ones, that is.

Without the trunk, rear fenders, ect...
i'm with ya on that one.....

grimm

Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Buddy of mine has an 08 Lehman UC. He had to give up the 2 wheeler for medical reasons and while he's glad to be back in the wind, he misses the full package.

He bought one with extended forks which he said is like power steering compared to the regulars. The SE version he tried out had alot more power but was too much money.

Checked out alot of insurance companies, couldnt find one to insure the bike for more than 30k. I think the reason was because it was a non-production bike. I would expect the triglide to be different.

One good thing (great thing) about the 09s is the relocating of the left exhaust pipe. No more hot legs and burned ankles.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a good friend who has a lot of health issues. Last year, as he was letting his lady off his bagger, his knee went and the bike went over. At that point he sold the bagger and started riding his dyna. He bought the first trike from HD, in the area, and lives it. So does his lady and no fear of dropping it or her. Sharp looking an goes like a bat. He still rides the dyns one up.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Chainman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I'm Like the rest of you I'll keep riding on two as long as health allows. With that said the Tri-Glide is the way to go when it's time. First it's all Harley no Lehmen chassis, it has the 103 engine which I love. I have it in mine now. Plenty of storage, reverse and it looks good. What more can you say.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've been on a Lehman trike, then you've been on a Tri Glide. The Tri Glide is built at the Lehman plant, shipped to Harley and then given an HD warranty. I can see why Harley wanted to do it....Lehman is selling a lot of trikes, HD might as well get a share of it. My only complaint is that they made the reverse gear a $1,200 option on a $30,000 bike that really can't do without one.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam
If you've been on a Lehman trike, then you've been on a Tri Glide. The Tri Glide is built at the Lehman plant, shipped to Harley and then given an HD warranty. I can see why Harley wanted to do it....Lehman is selling a lot of trikes, HD might as well get a share of it. My only complaint is that they made the reverse gear a $1,200 option on a $30,000 bike that really can't do without one.
Interesting, I didn't know Lehman was still building them. You're right about reverse. Can't imagine backing my buddy's bike up. Especially since he has the running boards on his.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just looked at this one at the local dealer when my VP bought his new wide Glide this week.... I have a serious case of arthritus that is gonna do nothin but get worse.. I am going to end up with a double knee replacement sooner or later.. Im 53 now and lookin to put it off till 55 or so.. Right now I can do about a hundred miles on my custom them Im all in.. Arthritus in my back and hips will have me flat out for the next two days.. I do want to as soon as money permits buy a used Ultra.. 98 or 99.. I think that will get me by on longer rides, untill the kids are out of the house when I'm 63.. Then it will be time for a Tri-Glide..

Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Regearing the primary takes care of the gutlessness , if you order a bike with a hack from them this is what they do .. Seems they wudda regeared on the triglide as well ..

Yeah I want one , like PT , I'll go on two till I cant then it'll be three

Quick Reply: The New Tri-Glide