General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a Harley real daily transportation?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is a Harley real daily transportation?

Scttgr8 said, "Jezcruzen...did you buy the harley just to fit in to a particular click in the country club?

Yeah, thats it. Its a click thing.

What division of NASA do you work for?

Old 04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i use mine in the summer as my main transportion.i custom made a tourpack for my streetbob so i can carry loads.and takes 5 minutes to strip down for city riding.best of both worlds and my pocket book.so yes you can use any harley for your main transportion.if you use a little imagination.Name:  finishproduct.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  40.1 KB

Old 04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I don't ride to work, I walk. I didn't buy my RK to save on gas but thought I would try. It doesn't work. I ride 5 miles to the store for a few items to save gas and end up driving 50 miles back home.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:27 PM
dastark
Road Master

I,m a custodian at a school here in MI. Riding season's too short not to ride every chance. The only time I take the truck is if I've got to get something from the hardware store that won't fit in the bags. I must admit I don't always "gear up" though. If I'm sweatin' like a hog, nothing cools me off quicker than the scoot home.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Jular2
Road Captain

In a word--you bet--sorry thats 2 words
Name:  IMG_0345.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  64.6 KB

Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought saddlebags for my Superglide so I could ride it to work and also take longer trips with it. I ride it everyday to work if its not raining or snowing. I have a Jeep for those days. I have been caught in the rain on the way to work and it makes for a long cold day sitting in an air conditioned office with wet pants and shoes.
Here in Michigan the riding season is too short to skip riding to and from work, sometimes you take the long way home just because it so nice out. Some people at the office where I work think I'm nuts when I show up in the morning and it's only 40 degrees out, I just smile and say "But it's going to be warmer when I leave today". It's just a matter of priorities.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4468/B8C114B766EC4A9BB2B6BE0F014EA4B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-17-2006, 01:01 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

ORIGINAL: ndfan

ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

KBES BAGGER - you seem to have a lot of anger in you, brother. You need a hug or something?
No I dont need a hug, I just say what I mean in the way I mean it with out beating around the bush. I have got into some trouble at work also because I dont care who you are I say what is on my mind. I told the TOP guy at my old company that he was a f#&kin idiot to his face with the rest of the top guy's all staring at me. I dont care.

KB
KBES Bagger= I gotta know. What did the TOP GUY say or do after youcalled him a f'n idiot?

Not to much, he had a dumfounded look on his face. He could not believe what I said. After I finished the rest of what I had to say he told me, "That language will not be tolerated and that I have an attitude." He then told me that he has no problem making me sit at home for a week or so till my attitude change's. I told him go for it I need a vacation. My foreman then stepped in and told the Pres. if he sent me home for the week that him and the rest of the crew would also sit at home for the week. When he heard that he kind of changed his whole tune. We were the best underground street crew in that company, if we sat at home for a week in the dead swing of the season it would have been real bad.

KB

I'm amazed that your Pres didn't invite you and the crew to lunch.I would have. What an opportunity for an executive from the "Ivory Tower" to really find out first hand what all the stink at the street level in his company is all about.....and his ego couldn't let him do it. You are right, he's a f'in idiot. KBFXDLI (the other KB)

Old 04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
jbe
Road Captain

I ride mine everyday to work ( weather permitting ). The bike is used for trips to the PO or bank. I ride to visit friends and just for fun. The truck is only used when the bike is not practical. The bike gets 44 mpg vs 17 with the Silverado 2500 HD duramax.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i ride my superglide on daily bases . except in thunder storms . but if i'm out and we get a storm then i ride enless we are getting alot of lighting . for the price they cost i'm going to ride it all i can. i have saddled bags and a rack on back can handle most stuff.long trips or short trips. i cant think of a better way to go .

Old 04-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master

I bought my FXRS to ride, so I ride every chance I get, unless it's raining. I've put over 6,000 miles on it in the 6 months that I've owned it. It doesn't take but 5 minutes or so to suit up for the cold weather, so that hasn't slowed me down. The fuel mileage is about 3 times what I get in my truck and with a 50 mile round trip everyday, the fuel savings alone will make the payment. I just need to add some saddle bags to it so I can haul something around with me.

Quick Reply: Is a Harley real daily transportation?