General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posts by The Highwayman

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoy the diversity amoung the HD riders around here. I think its one of the strengths of the forum. I am a bit confused when the from time to time rice rocket rider comes here despite it being called the HD Forum. Still when the rice rocket guy comes and if he posts with any discerning discussion the poster is met with same respect. More often then not they are rightly catogorized as a troll.

The highwayman seemss stoic in his position but unfortunatley ethnocentric in his posturing.

Cheers for differences and diversity!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Another post by the Highway Man...

Certified American
On every Harley-Davidson there's a single word indelibly branded for perpetuity that tells a tremendous amount about the soul of the machine, its illustrious heritage and its privileged place on the American highway. Take a reverent look at a Harley's immense speedometer, encased most often in solid chrome, and there you'll see a proud and audacious message: CERTIFIED.

Now, the clueless and the squid might figure those bold letters speak only for the precision of the instrumentation alone. But those who have passed initiation rites in the ways and means of Harleys know better. They know this unique badge of honor carries a profound meaning for the machine as a whole. They know it reaches deep into the traditions of The Motor Company and the eternal legacy of its founding fathers that every part of a Harley is certified worthy for the task. They know this demanding standard for each separate component renders a motorcycle that is vastly greater than the sum of its parts, with an overall mechanical coherence and artistic harmony that surpasses anything else on the road. They know this word speaks for the Harley-Davidson screaming eagle motif and all that it stands for.

It's altogether fitting that this badge of authenticity faces the rider in command of this glorious machine. For like the bike, the rider lays claim to a rare certification. He's a stout and hearty man who defines his own place on the American highway, but owns the whole road. He has no time for small talk, but is heard loud and clear. He's not likely to look your way, but will fix you with a steely glare if he does. He has no appetite for frivolity, but leaves nothing behind on his plate. His massive hands are daunting at any task, but are most at home grabbing a fistful of throttle. He's as authentic as the steel, leather and other raw products that go into making a Harley the finest motorcycle in the history of mankind. You won't find the likes of this man on any Asian atrocity cycle.

A Harley man is a motorcyclist at ease with brinkmanship on the ragged edge of masculinity.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,043 Likes on 7,312 Posts

Well it seems that some like his writing and some think it is garbage. So I asked my wife to read the first two posted and the last one just above and give me her opinion of the person and the words.

She likes both!

+1 for me also

Keep up the good work Highwayman

It's a good thing to agree with the wife every now and then!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 PM
monster fxstc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
I enjoy the diversity amoung the HD riders around here. I think its one of the strengths of the forum. I am a bit confused when the from time to time rice rocket rider comes here despite it being called the HD Forum. Still when the rice rocket guy comes and if he posts with any discerning discussion the poster is met with same respect. More often then not they are rightly catogorized as a troll.

The highwayman seemss stoic in his position but unfortunatley ethnocentric in his posturing.

Cheers for differences and diversity!
You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night didn't you

Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
BFREE
Grand HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 174 Posts

Right on - Write on - Ride on

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Freedom of speech.... the man has a right to sit there and pat himself on his back... all day.....
If he pizzed off anyone, that was THEIR problem.....after all it's just some BS typed onto a public forum... (much like this note)
Me... I might have read one thing from him... but I doubt I'd have read a second.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior

Highwayman must be HD's ad man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4GcOIowUp8

Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 296 Posts

+1 I have never seen so mangina's in my life in one spot as I see in here lately. Sometimes I wonder about the Majority of folks in this place. Its like a bunch reject HOG chapter members gone wild. IMFHO!

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Good to see all the pussified "bikers" are still alive and well but still unable to comprehend satirical humor. If you have never kick started a Harley, you are not a biker, IMFHO.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Mighty MO
Tourer

Sounds like that "Wake UP Ameeerica!" guy that used to be on the radio.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 AM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Mr. Know-it-all. Ugghhh.

Quick Reply: Posts by The Highwayman