General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Declares: Biker Weeks Are Over

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 11:33 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

This ordinance is going to keep a lot of you away:

"No parking or storage of trailers and oversize vehicles is allowed on the street; parking for these vehicles is allowed only in approved parking or storage lots."

Old 01-13-2009 | 11:45 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
No biggie. Not like their aren't 100 other biker events to choose from.

Twiggy is right... plus I never really thought that Myrtle Beach was all that big of a deal anyway... everything seemed way to far apart. Just my 2 cents! I say F them!!!!

Old 01-13-2009 | 11:59 PM
cdale976
Road Master

problem is they had to spend all the money from bike week to fix the place back up after the second bike week. Face it ....It's got nothin to do with the original bike week crowd. You know the ones that spend money and take the family back later in the summer for a week. It's the crowd that followed and has no respect for anything including themselves. OK not fair..How about they needed to police their ranks better...yeah right

Old 01-14-2009 | 12:54 AM
05Hog
Road Captain

We live only 3.5 hrs from M.B. It is nice and close, rode up many a weekend, but never, never again. This is supposed to be a free country, I hate when you get some politicians forcing their agenda upon others.

Old 01-14-2009 | 12:54 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior

ok any pools going for how long they will keep the ban up after they see how much money they are missing out on after the first non-event?

Old 01-14-2009 | 08:32 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WADELL
Just heard it on the radio. Look at all the money they will looose! The way the economy is right now doesn't make since to me.
actually they won't lose a dime. they just won't take any in. you lose when money in your pocket is removed not because you never had it in the first place. SORRY i'm big on semantics. same as "i saved $20K today. I didn't buy a new car". Where's the $20K then? LOL. "John had his car stolen". why isn't John in jail? LOL.

Old 01-14-2009 | 08:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

just another fine example of Politics hard at work!

Old 01-14-2009 | 08:59 AM
Airpump
Road Captain

It’s a very simple thing to completely bypass the city limits. There’s nothing in the city limits that I can’t find in the county. I foresee the present city council being voted out. It may take a couple of years but it will happen.

That’s the way society is stacking up all over. The liberal government lets a few make the decisions for us all instead of putting things to a vote. Not to mention the fact that the government has the backing of the super-liberal media that can make things seem worse by far than they actually are.

When watching the news you’ll notice that if they want a reaction from the locals to any given event that the media doesn’t care about they find the most uneducated bikers they can find. At Myrtle Beach, the bikers that looked the worst were showcased and the damn instigators of the whole think were the ones that were interviewed. Funny, they didn’t show anyone like us, instead only a handful of the minority as usual in their interviews.

Old 01-14-2009 | 09:12 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior

Forget about MB. Go where you're wanted. http://wvmountainfest.com Even the Governor rides in WV

Old 01-14-2009 | 09:17 AM
Airpump
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
Forget about MB. Go where you're wanted. http://wvmountainfest.com Even the Governor rides in WV
Thanks for the link, looks like a fun time.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Declares: Biker Weeks Are Over