General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Declares: Biker Weeks Are Over

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009 | 07:44 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

MB bike week is still on. All events will be held outside of the city limits which is usually the case anyway. There will also be maps to avoid the city and not spend one dime there.

Fighting for OUR motorcycle rights is as big a responsibility as being a safe and respectable rider. It affects everyone. Don't just say "well screw them. I won't go." If MB gets away with this, which city will be next? And how soon? What if your hometown decided to enact laws that were prejudice against you as a biker/ rider/ motorcyclist???? What would you do? Move or fight?

Old 01-17-2009 | 01:01 AM
dc3mek
Cruiser

I just registered with that newspaper so I could post this. Anyone interested in organizing a ride through MB to show them how much money they just lost?

"dc3mek wrote on 01/17/2009 01:57:56 AM:
Thanks for letting us know so early. It will give us enough time to organize the parade ride right on through Myrtle Beach to the next town willing to take our money! I never liked MB anyway....boring!"

Maybe we could cruise through waving dollar bills!

Old 01-17-2009 | 04:50 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
MB bike week is still on. All events will be held outside of the city limits which is usually the case anyway. There will also be maps to avoid the city and not spend one dime there.

Fighting for OUR motorcycle rights is as big a responsibility as being a safe and respectable rider. It affects everyone. Don't just say "well screw them. I won't go." If MB gets away with this, which city will be next? And how soon? What if your hometown decided to enact laws that were prejudice against you as a biker/ rider/ motorcyclist???? What would you do? Move or fight?
I'm assuming you live in the area and have to live with those laws year round? That would bite and I see your point. Good Luck! Hope you can get the bureaucrats attention somehow.