General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ryder clips without the "bling"

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
gseely
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ryder clips without the "bling"

I have tried various methods to keep my pant legs down -- not because of problems with the wind, but problems catching my left cuff on a screw when putting my foot down. I recently tried the Ryder clips, and really liked them -- but I don't like the "bling" factor, and find it inappropriate in many situations. I'd prefer a simple clip like the in the Yo Mama cruiser clips.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...oduct_ID=13866

Is such a thing available?

Thanks.

Greg

Old 01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

The clips seem like a good solution, although I'd try to change the screw that's catching your cuff.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:57 PM
frankjake
Road Master

I have seen those before but NEVER at a bike shop. The only place I have seen them was at a bike show in Reno (Street Vibrations) and at some of the novelity stores on Route 66 in Seligman Arizona. Actually a few of the roadside stores there had them. I could kick myself for not buying them when I seen them.

I thought about just a 3/4" strip of velcro and wrap it tighly around the bottom of my jeans, Not "fashionalbe" but it will work. Kind of like a mini belt for your leg.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Diamond gusset motorcycle jeans have a velcro strip on each pant leg. You just pull them tight around your boot and apply the velcro strap to keep it in place.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Sgt Mac
Road Master

I use the things my OL uses to keep the sheets on the bed. They're about 2 bucks at walmart.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:33 PM
mbwannabe1
Tourer

I thought about just a 3/4" strip of velcro and wrap it tighly around the bottom of my jeans
Gee, and I thought my legs were skinny

Seriusly though, they used to sell that very thing at bicycle shops to keep your jeans out of the chain. Just a velcro belt to wrap around our cuff. For a dollar more, you could get one with reflector tape sewn down the middle on one side. You might check a bicycle shop if there are any nearby.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the clips that are used to hold on ironing board covers. They are only a couple bucks.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wrap some 100 mile an hour tape around your leg, it'll hold.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:16 AM
qwispichkn
Tourer

I just started buying my jeans about 2" longer than what I normally wear. They don't ride up on me now.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 AM
gseely
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Geoff
The clips seem like a good solution, although I'd try to change the screw that's catching your cuff.
Thanks, but I don't really see a way to eliminate the problem. It's an upward-facing, protruding screw on the linkage going to a forward control that was added to a Nightster. I laid the bike down (gently) shortly after I got it. Because I'd installed a crash bar, virtually no damage was done (except to my pride), but there was No way was my foot going down -- an uncomfortable feeling, to say the least.

I'm frankly amazed that the moco hasn't done something about it. It seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen...

Quick Reply: Ryder clips without the "bling"