General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 06 Injector issues... Anyone running stock and...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 06 Injector issues... Anyone running stock and...

Is anyone other than me running the stock injectors and not having a problem? I see all these posts about the injectors being horked and i have yet to have an actual problem.

The only time i have EVER had surging was while stopped in heavy traffic for a long time. The bike started to surge a bit. Once moving that all went away. I figure it was because the engine was getting hot as hell and the computer became unhappy.

Other than that I don't seem to be having any real issues with the injectors... That I can tell.

Anyone else?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:39 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The 06 Injector issues... Anyone running stock and...

I don't know what injector but my bike run real good.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

I still have the 8° injectors and mine runs fine. Find out next week how it does with the Stage II 95".

Old 04-14-2006, 01:27 PM
jbe
Road Captain

Mine has whatever it came with. It has close to 1700 miles since Dec 05, and I have not had any problems.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I've got a 98" kit with 37g cam and some mild head work. No problems at all with 8* ingectors in traffic and it usually starts right up. I ask my mechanic, an independent Harley mechanic (HDWRENCH), and he said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Old 04-14-2006, 01:57 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: went_postal

Is anyone other than me running the stock injectors and not having a problem? I see all these posts about the injectors being horked and i have yet to have an actual problem.

The only time i have EVER had surging was while stopped in heavy traffic for a long time. The bike started to surge a bit. Once moving that all went away. I figure it was because the engine was getting hot as hell and the computer became unhappy.

Other than that I don't seem to be having any real issues with the injectors... That I can tell.

Anyone else?
It seems to be the luck of the draw as to whether or not your new 06 EFI will need to have the injectors switched.

That is why the MOCO is not doing a recall.

However, it seems to be wide spread enough that the MOCO changed the production line to the 25 degree injectors.

So that raises the question.

How often does it have to occur to justify changing your product line but not recalling existing units. The bean counters must have really sharpened their pencils for that one. It will only take one personal injury lawsuit to wipe out the cost savings of not doing a total recall.

"Total Recall", hmmm, sounds like a good name for a movie. Oh, never mind, it's been done already.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
stevent
Road Master

The other side of the coin is -why would Harley or any other manufacturer go to all the expense of recalling and changing injectors when most of the bikes run fine and the owners are happy with them?- If the bike acts up then yes, if there's an upgrade available the factory should provide it under warrenty repair. But you can't expect any company to automaticaly apply every production upgrade retroactivly to every bike they've already sold.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I am just glad to know that I am not the only one that is okay with the current injectors... To hear people talk about it they HAVE to be replaced...

Thanks everyone.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:13 PM
jbe
Road Captain

How do you know which injectors you have?

Old 04-14-2006, 02:26 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jbe

How do you know which injectors you have?
from another post:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Segerfan

Alright,I'm new to these fuel injection bikes since all of my previous ones were carburated. What is the difference between the injectors and how do you tell by looking at them which ones you have? I have a new RKC and have VH slip ons with Fuelpak and notice backfiring through manifold even when warmed up at constant low speed driving. I've noticed it more since the weather has reached the 70s.

From the left side of the bike using a flashlight you can read the part number on the rear fuel injector. 8 degree = 27625-06
25 degree = 27709-06A. When was your bike manufactured? If it was built after Feb 13, 2006 it should have the new injectors.

The service bulletin M-1185 dated Feb 20, 2006 states in part..."It has recently been determined that the 8 degree angle cone spray fuel injectors used on 2006 1450cc Big Twins may cause cold start and/or driveability problems on some motorcycles. In the interest of promoting customer satisfaction, the 25 degree angle cone spray fuel injectors used on CVO 103 cu. in. (1690) motors will be installed on all production Big Twins beginning on or around Feb 13, 2006 "

The injector issue/problems has nothing to do with the weather, hot or cold. The bulletin mentions cold start problems. A cold start is when an engine has not been running for a lengthy period of time, after it has ben parked for a number of hours, overnight, several days, etc.

check this out for the whole thing: https://www.hdforums.com/m_389269/tm.htm

Quick Reply: The 06 Injector issues... Anyone running stock and...