General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Clothing Outlet

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Clothing Outlet

Has any recently bought a jacket liner from Heated Clothing Outlet? Looking at their site the prices seem great. I guess my concern is their statement that their liners are the "older model" and I am not sure what that means.

Thanks

Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

depending on which year.... and they don't tell you which size is which year...
1) some years don't have the zipper pockets for the glove cords
2) some years don't have 2 pockets inside
3) some years don't have the fancy power distribution center
4) some years gerbings is in white others in yellow

Doesn't really matter, as they are warm, and the electric are still warranted
I've bought pants and gloves there, and my friends have bought glove, pants, and liners there... all first class stuff...
I'd spring for a "warn N safe" solid state controller, rather than the rheostat unit from Gerbings... but that's just an opinion on my part

Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a link??

Old 01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Skootchnc, thanks for the information. Sounds like a good deal to me. I went ahead and ordered the liner.

1Coastie, here is the link to Heated Clothing Outlet.

www.heatedclothingoutlet.com

Old 01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
abate1
Cruiser

let me piggyback on this and ask about the Gerbing Union Ridge Jacket. I'm looking for something not bulky like my leather but with the warmth you get with electric. So is this jacket farily light weight and can be worn as a light weight (50's) jacket then plug in for colder days. Also do you need a temp. controller of some sort to make it more effective? I don't have any dealers within 200 miles to go look so buying online will be the way to go for me but want to be sure. Thanks for the help and before it's suggested I really don't like the looks of the other smaller jacket they offer.
Doc

Old 01-09-2009, 08:27 PM
2002Springer
Tourer

Heated stuff is great but you gotta have a heat controller or you'll burn up. I like the ones made by www.warmnsafe.com Get a dual controller if you're using more than two items since you may want gloves warmer than pants etc. Look under motorcyclist, then heat-trollers. I don't work for warmnsafe.

Last edited by 2002Springer; 01-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:13 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by abate1
let me piggyback on this and ask about the Gerbing Union Ridge Jacket. I'm looking for something not bulky like my leather but with the warmth you get with electric. So is this jacket farily light weight and can be worn as a light weight (50's) jacket then plug in for colder days. Also do you need a temp. controller of some sort to make it more effective? I don't have any dealers within 200 miles to go look so buying online will be the way to go for me but want to be sure. Thanks for the help and before it's suggested I really don't like the looks of the other smaller jacket they offer.
Doc
I have the Union Ridge pants..... I wear jeans under them..... they're quite warm, and wind proof and I'm guessing the jacket is similar. not actually light-weight... but lighter than leather
the jacket liner works wonders, and can be stored in a small space for sprin, or fall riding
I'd guess the Union Ridge jacket would be fine, depending on what YOU'RE used to... for 40-50 degree weather(without power)....and then cooler (with power)

Pay attention to your power draw relative to your bike's power output hate to see folks kill a battery

Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Since the heated clothing by Harley Davidson is made by Gerbing I assume their heat controllers are also.

The reason I ask is because I have a gift card from a local dealer and I may as well use it for the controller since H-D and Gerbing are the same price.